Woehlk

Pfaff 335 H2 complete rebuild thread

Beautiful.   Can't wait to see the table and what you make with her.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:37 AM, Woehlk said:

Next up, is custom building a table from scratch. I have a big thick oak slab in the basement I want to use! When I start, I will post in the same thread, if someone else would find that interesting maybe :thumbsup:

Oh yes, more more! Please show up what you do with that oak slab. You are amazing! Karen is amazing too! LOL.

134-35 needles system.  Some used a #190 needle system.

glenn

14 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

134-35 needles system.  Some used a #190 needle system.

glenn

Hi Glenn, not sure what you mean, is the needle too long? 

7 hours ago, Woehlk said:

Hi Glenn, not sure what you mean, is the needle too long? 

First try timing it with System 134-35 needles. They are frequently used in Pfaff machines. The System 190 are much longer and would be used on high lift machines to allow one to sew thicker material. You could check if your model was originally a high lift, or standard lift. "Lift" in this instance means alternating foot height during operation.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

First try timing it with System 134-35 needles. They are frequently used in Pfaff machines. The System 190 are much longer and would be used on high lift machines to allow one to sew thicker material. You could check if your model was originally a high lift, or standard lift. "Lift" in this instance means alternating foot height during operation.

Ahh okay I get it :D I am using the 134-35 needles. I have the standard lift, about 8mm I think. im still getting the perfect adjustments ind. Right now, needle is perfect, also stroke. but presser foot is not moving, so I have to figure that one out later this week .:D

9 minutes ago, Woehlk said:

but presser foot is not moving,

this may help - you have that same problem on all kind of triple feed machines. Screws may be slightly different but solution often is the same:

Wow perfect Constabulary, this will help me so much!, I searched for hours online trying to find somebody with the same problem!! ;D  

It is set at its lowest setting for the height of the foot walk.   Feet not in sinc.   Set the wing nut up to mid setting.  Loosen the two screws on the top shaft at the back on the end above needle.  Let inside presser foot go down to throat plate.  Bring needle down to where it enters the inner presser foot and just  at the top of the throat plate.  Tight the two screws on the top back shaft.  Outside foot should lift.

glenn

not exactly sure where and when it get stuck but if the outer foot is in the shown position Id loosen the 2 screws and lower the foot bar.

Bild1.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

have you tightened the set screw that hold the long bushing in place? Maybe try loosening it, then shove the foot bar up, leave it up and the tighten the screw again. Know what I mean? The foot bar would line up the top and bottom bushing - maybe... wild guess but worth trying. ;)

Edited by Constabulary

Take both bushings out and see if they fit on the foot bar shaft.  If so, that means when the set screw tightens up each bushing, it is moving it just enough that the needle bar is binding.  Can you polish the inside of each bushing?

glenn

39 minutes ago, Woehlk said:

Got it to work, thanks for your help :D

Yay!!!!!!!

I startet centering the needle

IMG_5726.thumb.jpeg.3ce3834cee12dff1c85deb36a76dff1c.jpeg

But this screw is so stock!, I will try using a screwdriver with hammer funktion later, maybe this can loosing it

IMG_5727.thumb.jpeg.13d508c7aa2f2139a181949a04d79e12.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

apply heat with a gas blow torch

Wow that actually worked!! Thanks!!!

Its like im going in circles a bit :lol: When I adjust one thing, and get it perfect, another seem to get out if sync :P

Could someone coach me over video? I would gladly pay for you help <3

4 hours ago, Woehlk said:

Im getting closer :D its doing something now :D

Exciting Stuff! So great to see all your work as you go! Keep it coming! 

On 5/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, suzelle said:

Exciting Stuff! So great to see all your work as you go! Keep it coming! 

question.. where did you get your presser feet? are the ones for this machine the same as the Pfaff 335 H3 and newer Pfaff 335?

Feet are not equalized as to the walk.  Put the foot walk on medium lift in the back of machine.  Should be a wing nut and slot on it.  Loosen the two screws on top and the far left on top of the shaft.  That should drop the center foot all the way to throat plate.  By hand , turn the balance wheel towards you until the needle is just entering the feed dog which should be even with the throat plate.  Tighten the 2 screws on top.  Check lift of inner foot and then lift of out foot.  Should be close to equal now  for each foot.

glenn