Carol456

Carol - looking for a leatherworker in Iowa

I am not a leatherworker, however I am in search of one in Iowa. Is there a good resource to find someone? 

Edited by Northmount
fixed title

22 hours ago, Carol456 said:

I am not a leatherworker, however I am in search of one in Iowa. Is there a good resource to find someone? 

Hi Carol

I think you will find more response if you post in the Help wanted section of this forum.

A good idea is if you could describe a little bit more precise what kind of help or service you are looking for form a leatherworker preferably in the heading/title of your post.

E.g. Customized dog collar and leash for Tibetan Mastiff (or what it might be that you need help with).

Brgds

Jonas 

Tell us what you are looking for . . .  

Lots of people see this part of the forum as well.

May God bless,

Dwight

1 hour ago, Mulesaw said:

Hi Carol

I think you will find more response if you post in the Help wanted section of this forum.

A good idea is if you could describe a little bit more precise what kind of help or service you are looking for form a leatherworker preferably in the heading/title of your post.

E.g. Customized dog collar and leash for Tibetan Mastiff (or what it might be that you need help with).

Brgds

Jonas 

Thank you! I will try that.

47 minutes ago, Dwight said:

May God bless,

Dwight

My daughter has ordered 3 leather books for her wedding. One is for her to write her vows, one is for his vows, and one is their guest book.  Unfortunately she wrote the wrong date so thr wrong information is embossed/engraved on the front. We're hoping it would be possible to make a "patch" with the correct information and maybe sew it or use rivets to attach it and cover the mistake. The person who did the original work is in another country and the wedding is in May. I don't think there is enough time to have them do the work. 

Thank you do much. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Is it possible for you to post a picture of one of them . . . or all of them . . . at least one fairly close up view of the affected area?

All you do is follow those directions down below . . . where it says "Drag files here...................".  Just pick the pictures from your computer.  Ideally they should be about 1000 by 1350 or so.

May God bless,

Dwight

5 hours ago, Dwight said:

Is it possible for you to post a picture of one of them . . . or all of them . . . at least one fairly close up view of the affected area?

All you do is follow those directions down below . . . where it says "Drag files here...................".  Just pick the pictures from your computer.  Ideally they should be about 1000 by 1350 or so.

May God bless,

Dwight

I have tried to attach a photo but the file is too large. I suppose there us a way to compress a file. I will research that this afternoon when we get home from church. 

5 hours ago, Dwight said:

May God bless,

Dwight

10 hours ago, Mulesaw said:

Hi Carol

Brgds

Jonas 

Thank you! I will try that.

10 hours ago, Dwight said:

May God bless,

Dwight

My daughter has ordered 3 leather books for her wedding. One is for her to write her vows, one is for his vows, and one is their guest book.  Unfortunately she wrote the wrong date so thr wrong information is embossed/engraved on the front. We're hoping it would be possible to make a "patch" with the correct information and maybe sew it or use rivets to attach it and cover the mistake. The person who did the original work is in another country and the wedding is in May. I don't think there is enough time to have them do the work. 

Thank you do much. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

17 minutes ago, Carol456 said:

20220318_073720.jpg

a leather or even a brushed bronze plaque like the corner pieces would look good also, if no one can help you here maybe a local trophy maker could engrave a plate for you.

It might help to show a picture of the inside of the cover too to see best way of attaching a 'patch' or 'plate'.

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

a leather or even a brushed bronze plaque like the corner pieces would look good also, if no one can help you here maybe a local trophy maker could engrave a plate for you.

That's an interesting idea. Thank you.

That's a really great idea with the leather books to hold the vows and guests. Sucks that the original leatherworker can't fix it but the brass plaque or even a leather patch over it should answer the mail. Halfway through March...should be doable if you can find the right person in the right amount of time.

Best of luck and let us know how it all works out if you can!

2 hours ago, battlemunky said:

That's a really great idea with the leather books to hold the vows and guests. Sucks that the original leatherworker can't fix it but the brass plaque or even a leather patch over it should answer the mail. Halfway through March...should be doable if you can find the right person in the right amount of time.

Best of luck and let us know how it all works out if you can!

They are quite lovely and would be beautiful keepsakes if the dates were correct. I really hope we can find an answer.

Thanks! I will!

Hi my daughter suggested Metamorphosis Metals in Raleigh NC.   Metamorphosis Metals- Unique artisan jewelry, handmade in Raleigh, NC    She has had them do some jewelry for her and said they ship all over the World  They have done pieces for people in many different places.

40 minutes ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Hi my daughter suggested Metamorphosis Metals in Raleigh NC.   Metamorphosis Metals- Unique artisan jewelry, handmade in Raleigh, NC    She has had them do some jewelry for her and said they ship all over the World  They have done pieces for people in many different places.

Thank you! I will pass this on to my daughter.

Looks like a leather patch could be made easy enough and sewn on I could engrave the new dates and you could have them sewn  on

Edited by Bert03241

6 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Looks like a leather patch could be made easy enough and sewn on I could engrave the new dates and you could have them sewn  on

Really? Would it take a special sewing machine? Could they be sewn on by hand?

1 hour ago, Carol456 said:

Really? Would it take a special sewing machine? Could they be sewn on by hand?

yes they can be sewn by hand or machine. It would take an industrial type machine but just a few tools by hand anyone can learn to saddle stitch. if there is a tandy store near you they may even teach you. 

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

yes they can be sewn by hand or machine. It would take an industrial type machine but just a few tools by hand anyone can learn to saddle stitch. if there is a tandy store near you they may even teach you. 

Okay! I will let my daughter know. You two probably need to talk about specifics.

whats the size of the area that needs to be covered. I could also put holes in the patch to make it easier to sew on

Just to give you an idea. Of course shape, size and all that can be changed , just wanted to show you an Idea.just a proto type.

IMG_20220321_162609566 (Copy).jpg

the actual piece will be much more finished even cut and trimmed and a coat of sheen for a slight gloss.

Edited by Bert03241

12 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

Just to give you an idea. Of course shape, size and all that can be changed , just wanted to show you an Idea.just a proto type.

IMG_20220321_162609566 (Copy).jpg

the actual piece will be much more finished even cut and trimmed and a coat of sheen for a slight gloss.

I think that's pretty close to what she had in mind.  I'll send it to her.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, chuck123wapati said:

a brushed bronze plaque like the corner pieces would look good

'attaboy, Chuck :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Carol456 said:

I think that's pretty close to what she had in mind.  I'll send it to 

I think we're on the right path. Is there a way I can put you and my daughter in touch with each other so you can work out the details?

who are you talking to me or Chuck?