toxo

Bargain Leather.

I visited one of my leather shops on Thursday and among a lot of other stuff he showed me this piece of leather. I think it's a calf side and it has the temper and feel of English Bridle and it had a lot of a white mould over it. He wanted £10 and I said I'd risk it for a fiver. I tried all sorts of cleaners on it to no avail. Then I tried ordinary spray furniture polish and it came off like a charm. Happy days.

IMG_20220319_211612.jpg

He threw in this hair on Goatskin gratis but I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas?

IMG_20220319_212049 (2).jpg

IMG_20220319_212141 (2).jpg

Riskin it for a fiver :lol:

You can hardly get a pizza for that kind of money, so super great deal (almost a steal)

The only thing that springs to mind concerning the goat skin would be to make some gloves of it. I think I have read somewhere that goatskin is excellent for making gloves, but I guess it is normally done without the hair on. 
perhaps if you make them with the hair on the inside they could work as winter gloves?

Maybe a ladies vest of sorts. 

Cheers Jonas

1 hour ago, toxo said:

He threw in this hair on Goatskin gratis but I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas?

Throw pillow?  Also have a springbok hide, trying to decide what I want to make with it, so interested in what others suggest!

YinTx

Edited by YinTx

perhaps make a nice bag with a piece of  hair on skin as a feature, a throw rug , make a whole hair on bag ? A display on the back of the settee?  

Wrap it around yourself and pretend you're a Viking? Thats just silly...

HS

5 hours ago, toxo said:

maybe for some Flintstone style bikinis ;)