Marcie

Brother LS3-C54B-050 Cylinder Help

I recently purchased an old used Brother LS3-C54B-050 cylinder machine.  I am using it on light leather, cloth bags/purses and canvas projects.  I typically use an 18 to 20 needle and max thread is 92(Tex90).  This is my first walking foot machine so I do not know if most feet are universal or not.  I would like to purchase a replacement walking foot.   I  wanting a smoother foot for leather projects to help reduce the marring that occurs.  I have seen left side and right side outer presser feet (i think that’s the right term).  Even a piping foot :-).  It may be that I only have the option the machine came with.   And today as I was adding binding to a canvas Jeep top I thought a binding attachment would be nice and apparently that is possible for some walking foot machines.  My stumble down the google rabbit hole lead me here.   And my curiosity was tweaked as to other accessories that might be available for this machine.  Searching using the Brother brand and model number brings up nothing.  I assume this machine is a clone of a more popular name and I am hoping someone here can help me figure out how to search for part and accessories for this machine.  Or can identify a vendor that maybe able to assist me.

9945EC2E-A26B-4881-A93E-62194DBA6C5E.jpeg

Well the ancestors of this machine are the Singer 153w for the bottom part and the Singer 211 for the top part. The stitch length lever is of SEIKO origin I guess.

Nowadays Seiko is still making machine that look similar the bottom part I´d say is Seiko CW Series and the top part Seiko LSC series to stay in the cylinder arm section (flat bed would be LSW Series):

https://www.seiko-sewing.co.jp/en/model/cylinderbed/

A nowadays clone is the Consew 287RB - you can be sure it is almost the same machine (if not entirely) as yours - maybe with minor differences - maybe. You´ll find an instruction manual and parts list in the below link:

https://www.consew.com/View/Consew-Model-287RB-2

You can be sure most of the parts for your machine are still available cause a lot of the clones are based on older Singer machines. Same thing with the feet. Look for Singer 111, 211, 153, Consew 227, Seiko CW, LSC, Juki 562, 563 and many many others are still using the same Singer feet that your machine is using as well.

Hope this helps

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you very much for this information.  It is exactly what I needed.  I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and expertise with me.

I have a similar machine in my shop. It is a Techsew 2700. It is a clone of a Consew 227R. I either use #69 (T70) or #92 (T90) thread, top and bottom. It is a very handy machine if you need a cylinder arm, compound feed, walking foot machine. It is great for sewing cuffs on leather jackets and hemming denim pants.

You were curious if there are various feet, including smooth bottom feet. This machine is based upon the Singer 153, which is a cylinder arm walking foot machine based upon the Singer 111w155. As such it accepts all of the feet made for the Singer 111 series. There are lots of smooth feet available in left toe, right toe, double toe, piping feet, edge guide feet, and left or right toe narrow zipper feet (with teeth).

Most of these machines use the same G bobbin as the Singer 111 and 153. G style bobbins are regarded as 1x capacity. Prewound G style bobbins hold 25 yards of T90 bonded thread and about 35 yards of T70. I use both sizes of prewounds.

Marcie,

Beautiful machine you have there! I've also been searching for new feet for a walking foot machine. I've purchased abour a half dozen sets of feet this past week. This morning I found the actual brand name of the manufacturer making most of the feet I have purchased at various places on-line. There is quite a fluctuation in prices I noticed, for the identical feet - right down to the number stamped on the feet. Not all the ads I have read give you clear information on the part numbers, or the machines the feet are for. So I have found doing a search like this brings up the most info for me... Give it a try:

CKPSMS Walking

(CKPSMS looks like the manufacturer) After entering "CKPSMS Walking" in search box, then select "IMAGES" 

Also, here's a good place to find some catalogs with diagrams and purchase - I just received my first order from them:      Presser Feet Catalogs (diamondneedle.com)

On 3/23/2022 at 12:22 AM, Wizcrafts said:

I have a similar machine in my shop. It is a Techsew 2700. It is a clone of a Consew 227R. I either use #69 (T70) or #92 (T90) thread, top and bottom. It is a very handy machine if you need a cylinder arm, compound feed, walking foot machine. It is great for sewing cuffs on leather jackets and hemming denim pants.

You were curious if there are various feet, including smooth bottom feet. This machine is based upon the Singer 153, which is a cylinder arm walking foot machine based upon the Singer 111w155. As such it accepts all of the feet made for the Singer 111 series. There are lots of smooth feet available in left toe, right toe, double toe, piping feet, edge guide feet, and left or right toe narrow zipper feet (with teeth).

Most of these machines use the same G bobbin as the Singer 111 and 153. G style bobbins are regarded as 1x capacity. Prewound G style bobbins hold 25 yards of T90 bonded thread and about 35 yards of T70. I use both sizes of prewounds.

Thank you for the info. I am especially excited to learn that prewound bobbins exist for this machine. 

On 3/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, suzelle said:

Marcie,

Beautiful machine you have there! I've also been searching for new feet for a walking foot machine. I've purchased abour a half dozen sets of feet this past week. This morning I found the actual brand name of the manufacturer making most of the feet I have purchased at various places on-line. There is quite a fluctuation in prices I noticed, for the identical feet - right down to the number stamped on the feet. Not all the ads I have read give you clear information on the part numbers, or the machines the feet are for. So I have found doing a search like this brings up the most info for me... Give it a try:

CKPSMS Walking

(CKPSMS looks like the manufacturer) After entering "CKPSMS Walking" in search box, then select "IMAGES" 

Also, here's a good place to find some catalogs with diagrams and purchase - I just received my first order from them:      Presser Feet Catalogs (diamondneedle.com)

Thank you for sharing this tip on how to effectively google the feet. Can’t wait to check out the link. 

You will soon find out how inconsistent aftermarket feet are.  They will vary in height and to a lesser degree, side to side alignment, and some will not be usable at all.

On the positive side, they are a lot of bang for the buck, and I no longer hesitate ordering something on eBay shipped directly from China.

When ordering aftermarket parts I usually order two - from two different suppliers.   Typically one of the two is better and I’ll gift the other to someone who appreciates it - worst case, tossing one of the two in the trash is just part of the risk of inexpensive parts.   When I’ve ordered $25 and $10 feet - price didn’t seem related to quality - kind of a crapshoot.

Many types of feet can be altered for special purposes, which is another good use of duplicate feet - examples of modified feet are scattered around LW.

As others have said, searching for the common walking foot models that share the same feet dimensions will turn up more choices.   I typically search for Singer 111w155 or Juki Lu-562.

Big feet with big teeth are ideal for canvas and heavy synthetic cloth, medium size teeth are ideal for vinyl, denim and light synthetics, and of course smooth feet for leather.

There are also a variety of feed dogs and matching needle plates, although these are limited to other cylinder bed machines that share the dimensions of yours - I don’t know what that would be.

I want to purchase a flat bed attachment for this machine, Brother LS3-C54B. One vendor I really like has aluminum table attachments. The capatible machine choices are in the photo attached. Which one is most likely to work or all of them a “no go”?

F5C19A0B-BE92-47C4-9195-D5AEB52A988E.jpeg