Frodo

cross draw

I made a holster a year ago .  it is back on my bench. he wants it reworked to a cross draw

This is what i am thinking.  cut/remove at the white line. add a chicago where the circle is.

Before I do this i would like some feed back. different ideas, opinions

002.JPG.a51cba053fa8465007328c36a9de6c12.JPG

003.JPG.5672176ed6c7680911917ebc29915c50.JPG

looking at the pic I would say take the screws out and put the left screw over near the right screw and the right screw near the welt line .

I would just make him a crossdraw, in the amount of time it takes to modify and make it look decent you can build a better looking one from scratch.

I think trying to re-work the holster you have will be a gamble.  You might run yourself out of material to work with.  The cut of the original pattern is not right for a cross-draw.  You will find it unbalanced and uncomfortable to wear.  Just my $.02.

4 hours ago, Samalan said:

looking at the pic I would say take the screws out and put the left screw over near the right screw and the right screw near the welt line .

This is working.  I need to do a little wet forming for the second hole [right screw] 

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

This is working.  I need to do a little wet forming for the second hole [right screw] 

Glad I could be of help like to see it when it's done and yes a bit of wet forming will do it you should have enough room for a 1.5" belt good luck with it Frodo.

15 hours ago, Samalan said:

Glad I could be of help like to see it when it's done and yes a bit of wet forming will do it you should have enough room for a 1.5" belt good luck with it Frodo.

40 degree cant

003.thumb.JPG.72758ed88472ea5b7c7aaf3d3025242c.JPG

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

40 degree cant

nice job and a great  idea for the fix!! I just did a rebuild on an old Hunter holster the guy had a  small heritage 22 six shooter in a SAA holster and wanted it to fit right lol.  it would have been just as easy to make a new one.

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

40 degree cant

Good job looks like you did it, and did it well. Nice job Frodo