blksmith

Cowboy Outlaw tension.

I am having some problems with my tension. The bottom thread seems to be cutting into the leather a little.

The manual instructions for the CB are the same for loosing as tightning. Yeah the same word for word. How can they do this.I am going to loosen the tension about a 1/4 turn at a time and see if this helps. Any ideas?

Edited by blksmith
mspell

I don't have a Cowboy outlaw . . . got a Tippmann Boss that was cloned and called an outlaw from what I could see.

Your problem is that your top thread tension is just a tad too tight . . . OR . . . your bobbin needs adjusted.

There should be a screw on your bobbin . . . and if it is the same as the Boss . . . a counterclockwise turn loosens it . . . a clockwise turn tightens it.

BUT . . . you will probably then have to re adjust your top tensions.  Just get a couple of pieces of the same leather you use most of the time . . . glue em together . . . and use it as a place to sample the stitches it is doing.  Play with it till you get it right.

You also probably need to put 1/4 x 20 nuts on the top of the studs coming up from the top adjusters.  Otherwise they will turn as you use the machine.  

AND . . .  once you get it where you need / want it for the most of the sewing you are doing . . . don't mess with it.

Have fun . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Ok I think I got it. best stitch yet. Not enough thread to put a nut on top of the tension bolts. Will use locktight. 

Gonna start a sheath will post a pic when i'm done.

Dwight do you make knives?

Thanks for all the help and take care.

TJ Smith

22 minutes ago, blksmith said:

Ok I think I got it. best stitch yet. Not enough thread to put a nut on top of the tension bolts. Will use locktight. 

Gonna start a sheath will post a pic when i'm done.

Dwight do you make knives?

Thanks for all the help and take care.

TJ Smith

No . . . have enough trouble making holsters and sheaths . . . knives are above and beyond my pay grade . . . (see my website) . . . 

I do have one I'm going to try to make some day . . . but I don't have my forge finished . . . and it will be a "next fall" at the earliest project.

I see in your description that you make knives . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight