Brownie1

Consew 227R or Mach 3

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for some advice as to what machine to go with if I were to purchase one of the 2 machines. Either the Consew 227R or a Mach 3. They are both comparable in price. What are your thoughts? I'm presently making small leather goods such as passport holders, some leather and canvas bags and change holders out of veg tan leather.

Thanks

Kevin

3 hours ago, Brownie1 said:

Either the Consew 227R or a Mach 3. They are both comparable in price. What are your thoughts?

A lot is going to depend on condition and price. A couple of photo's would be helpful. The Mach 3 use to be I think the house brand clone of Leighton's Industrial Sewing Machines out of Alberta. I am not sure if they are still in business so it would be wise to check.

kgg

If it was me making  that decision, I'd be going for the Consew. Mainly because its a common recognisable  and reliable brand, and for the availability of parts  .  I don't know too much about the Mach 3 . Have you seen any  user reviews regarding the Mach 3 ?  

HS