mariuspirvu

Music cassette leather card holder

I apologize if I seem to be taking over this thread but I'm really feeling inspired. I grew up with music cassettes and they occupy a special place in my heart. My first encounter actually was with reel to reel players when I was only an infant. My father used to have a Grundig player and a couple of crates full of reels with all the good 70's music. I then got an Akai 'pick up' vinyl player but none of these gave me a high as big as being able to load video games like Dizzy on a ZX Spectrum computer from a cassette player did. So here's my new card holder which you can watch the making of here and get the pattern here.

thumb DSC_0057.jpg

thumb DSC_0058_1_1.jpg

thumb DSC_0059.jpg

thumb DSC_0062.jpg

thumb DSC_0063.jpg

thumb DSC_0065.jpg

thumb DSC_0066.jpg

super cool idea!!! don't know if the younger folks will know what it is lol. I was of the 8 track generation , my older brother had the reel to reel. I still have one in the basement but no reels

13 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

! don't know if the younger folks will know what it is lol

Sniff (why is there no crying emoji?), now I know I'm old! I not only still have cassette tape players (yes,  two!) but tapes to listen to!

4 hours ago, Klara said:

Sniff (why is there no crying emoji?), now I know I'm old! I not only still have cassette tape players (yes,  two!) but tapes to listen to!

old? not even! old is in the mind. lol a little dust on the bottle but the wine is still sweet.

7 hours ago, Klara said:

Until 10 years ago I still had 8 tracks and a player.:P

My #1 son still has an 8-track. In his 1978-year Cadillac Coup DeVille. I think he pinched all the tapes from my '78 Caddy for his un