spacedog

Buster Scruggs themed Guitar Strap WIP

And finally, the end. This bit got the better of me. I could not think of a way to represent the strings on the harp and also use the background tool. So I left it blank behind the harp. Again, if anyone has a solution or thoughts on how it could have been done, please comment. There might be someone else wondering how else it can be done, besides me. 

E5A24816-A3CF-447D-81AF-BF0AC64D4E9E.jpeg

2 hours ago, spacedog said:

And finally, the end. This bit got the better of me. I could not think of a way to represent the strings on the harp and also use the background tool. So I left it blank behind the harp. Again, if anyone has a solution or thoughts on how it could have been done, please comment. There might be someone else wondering how else it can be done, besides me. 

E5A24816-A3CF-447D-81AF-BF0AC64D4E9E.jpeg

First and foremost WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only thought with the strings here would be to have backgrounded and dyed  then because you have used some paint here and there  .... paint the strings in .

Again WELL DONE !!!!!!!!

Killer job (pun? :-) )!

you worry to much, that thing is awesome and is pure art from the heart IMO. I've never seen the movie but i can say your artistic ability is very good..

On 11/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, Gezzer said:

First and foremost WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only thought with the strings here would be to have backgrounded and dyed  then because you have used some paint here and there  .... paint the strings in .

Again WELL DONE !!!!!!!!

Thanks Gezzer. I might try that option the next time I attempt something similar.

23 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Killer job (pun? :-) )!

Thanks Battlemunky. I gave it a shot. (Ha)

22 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

you worry to much, that thing is awesome and is pure art from the heart IMO. I've never seen the movie but i can say your artistic ability is very good..

Thanks Chuck. No worries, just looking for ways to keep improving. There are a bunch of clips from the movie on YouTube if you are interested.

I thought about putting something on the inside of the guitar strap, but decided not to do any tooling. Instead I put the first verse of the song, Surly Joe, that Buster sings in the saloon. At the end of the song everyone throws their hats in the air so I put some of those on the inside too. I just used some of the Bordeaux dye to paint them on.

4A43C35F-E18D-4A0C-B426-9CF31758BEA4.jpeg

25 minutes ago, spacedog said:

There are a bunch of clips from the movie on YouTube if you are interested.

... The movie is currently available on Netflix, as well.

- Bill

I rightfully enjoyed the movie myself, much like I appreciate the product that you set out to complete.

I enjoyed the movie, but find it hard to link that actor to the lead in "Old Henry," an awesome movie.  The strap turned out great .  You did a fine job, something to be proud of.

That is really neat.  Well done.  I love it!  Ballad of Buster Scruggs is a good movie.  I've been thinking of trying to make a gun belt like his.