Sign in to follow this  
Regis

1907 leather post card

I picked up this 1907 leather post card and a local auction. 1st I'd ever seen. Seems to have help up pretty well.

Johanna knows where East Pittsburg is.

Postcard.jpg

post-463-1192999300_thumb.jpg

That's pretty cool Regis, I've never seen anything like it either.

Ken

They do show up occasionally.

Do a search on Leather Postcard on ebay and you can normally find some for sale. Not very expensive either.

- Noel

Is that Pittsburgh Pa. or Va. ? Can't tell. I'm riding in the Honda somewhere in Missouri, coming home from the show. If it is Pa., it is missing the "h". I read somewhere that Pgh. tried to get rid of the "h" once, but the local people made them put it back. Neat, Regis! Thanks for sharing!

Johanna

WAY cool!!! :red_bandana:

And this just gave me an idea for my annual Holiday Card!!

Thanks for sharing this!!!!

Cheers

Marilyn

Is that Pittsburgh Pa. or Va. ? Can't tell. I'm riding in the Honda somewhere in Missouri, coming home from the show. If it is Pa., it is missing the "h". I read somewhere that Pgh. tried to get rid of the "h" once, but the local people made them put it back. Neat, Regis! Thanks for sharing!

Johanna

Johanna, a stupid question here, but.... if your in a Honda, in the middle of Missouri, how are you able to post to the forum????

This kinda tells me you got a NICE laptop with some sort of fancy wireless web thingy. I'd be interested to know what your using for this amazing feat of posting to the forum from a moving vehicle in Missouri.

Ken

My laptop will go on the battery about 2-3 hours before I need to plug it in. They sell AC adapters that plug into the cigarette lighter, but I don't have one. I have a card from Verizon that lets me get online in broadband anywhere I can get a cell phone signal. So, yes, I was looking at the forum while my husband was driving... piece of cake. :)

Johanna

The city on the card is New Brighton Pa. a western Pa. town. - Very neat card. Thank you for posting it.

Johanna, that is Pittsburg, PA without the H, even on the postmark.

That is so cool. And by the looks of it, it is a gift others would like to buy to!:specool: