Sign in to follow this  
Rustic

JUKI 1508

I AM LOOKING AT GETTING A JUKI 1508, BUT THERE ARE NO LETTERS AFTER THE 1508. LIKE 1508NS, 1508N, 1508NH, JUST 1508 DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

22 minutes ago, Rustic said:

I AM LOOKING AT GETTING A JUKI 1508

Do you have photo of the machine or nameplate? I did see a Chinese clone machine being advertised awhile ago and on a quick look the name was in the same place and style as Juki but had I think added a letter to the name. I thought it was done that way to give someone the impression it wasn't a clone. The nameplate on a Juki will clearly show the model as  "LU-1508N" or "LU-1508N*"  * being another letter. Another thing is the letter could have been worn/rubbed off.

kgg

' L

9 minutes ago, kgg said:

Do you have photo of the machine or nameplate? I did see a Chinese clone machine being advertised awhile ago and on a quick look the name was in the same place and style as Juki but had I think added a letter to the name. I thought it was done that way to give someone the impression it wasn't a clone. The nameplate on a Juki will clearly show the model as  "LU-1508N" or "LU-1508N*"  * being another letter. Another thing is the letter could have been worn/rubbed off.

kgg

It is too good of condition to be worn off, it has no letter/letters behind the 1508 at all. Could it be a European model?

6 minutes ago, Rustic said:

It is too good of condition to be worn off, it has no letter/letters behind the 1508 at all.

There was one advertised back in 2018 that showed the nameplate with just the LU-1508 so maybe the older ones that didn't have the heavier capabilities were labeled without a letter after the 1508.

1 minute ago, kgg said:

There was one advertised back in 2018 that showed the nameplate with just the LU-1508 so maybe the older ones that didn't have the heavier capabilities were labeled without a letter after the 1508.

Yep, Just Lu-1508 that is it. Do you know anything about that model? They want $450 for it.

6 hours ago, Rustic said:

ep, Just Lu-1508 that is it. Do you know anything about that model? They want $450 for it.

If it was in good working condition and would match what I wanted to sew, I wouldn't hesitate on getting it. The price is good. A good video to look at is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWvi1wYfc9A&t=28s

kgg

That is one from the first year they came out.  I have that exact model.  About 13 months after they were introduced, Juki made a few changes and the new one was a 1508N.  

glenn

On 3/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, shoepatcher said:

That is one from the first year they came out.  I have that exact model.  About 13 months after they were introduced, Juki made a few changes and the new one was a 1508N.  

glenn

What were the changes?

the cover on the end of the head was hinged but not on mine.  They changed the casting on the top of the machine a little.  the changes were improvements.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher