Bert03241

BlackJack,Sap, what ever

Had to try these. Had a hard time figuring out how to get the weight in. I put a 6" by 1" piece of spring steel in the handle section, then sewed up both sides to the curved part. I then soaked the top and stretched out the leather using various item's to get a pocket. Then I used BB's as the medium , carefully filling and clamping the edges as I filled it up. Let it dry really good and then finished sewing it up.  :whatdoyouthink:

IMG_20220327_184456827 (Copy).jpg

Like the addition of Yosemite Sam.  It really shows up well on the natural colored one, but the image on the red one is a little harder to see.

should work nicely  on those pesky varmints lol. 

When I made mine I got a big old ss steal spoon laid the spring steal along it with one end halfway into the spoon part then melted lead shot in the spoon let it cure and it was the perfect shape.

good idea

I remember the first year COPS was on the air, the officers are dispatched to a dispute in a bar.  Redneck is acting stupid at the pool table, and the patrol boys are trying to get him under control.  Drunks can be as slippery as cats.  To make it more difficult, his four eyed forty ish drunk gal pal keeps trying to interfere.

The female Sergeant warns her two or three times to stop the slick as snot the sap appears from her slash pocket on her right uniform trouser leg, pop, perfect.  Woman's glasses fly off she drops like a stone.  The Sergeant returns the sap to the slash pocket without looking as smooth as a Doc Holiday shuffle.  you'd think she had done it before.

Then, remembering, she shoots an "Oops" look over her shoulder directly into the camera. Can't take it back, so she turns to her guys:

"Charge them both," she says.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:14 AM, Paydos said:

When I made mine I got a big old ss steal spoon laid the spring steal along it with one end halfway into the spoon part then melted lead shot in the spoon let it cure and it was the perfect shape.

On this, if you use something like a nail or nail setter to punch a few ragged edge holes in the spring steel strip they'll give the lead something to grip and the lead won't slide off. An old idea I used to do when making heavy lead sea-fishing weights

Edited by fredk