Is anyone else having trouble finding contact cement? Home Depot and Lowes are about out, did a supply company burn down? DO NOT BLAME PUTIN, he saved the world from the Deep States next virus release 

Getting hard to find here on the Olympic peninsula here in Washington too. I also have to rely on Home depot.  I can get the smaller bottles, but really like the quarts. Brandon will say it's a Putin shortage though. 

Lowes here in Ohio has plenty of it . . . or did last time I looked.

And there is always this store:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/274078509549?epid=7026733944&hash=item3fd05a29ed:g:uhUAAOSwiGViVpEM

A pint goes and awful long way . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

I just got a quart of Barge from Weaver Leather in Ohio.  But I can't find any Weldwood at walmart anymore.

I just go to the local hardware store and get whatever contact adhesive they have that says on it that will stick leather. In spray if I can, which is my favourite way of gluing leather at the moment.

I haven't noticed any shortages. 

Weaver Leather has Barge. I have been using Barge Cement for the past 16 years but now having problem with it  sticking to leather.  I've got some from Springfield leather and it seems to be doing the job.  The have contracted an outfit to make it for them. You might want to try it.

4 hours ago, ABC3 said:

Weaver Leather has Barge. I have been using Barge Cement for the past 16 years but now having problem with it  sticking to leather.  I've got some from Springfield leather and it seems to be doing the job.  The have contracted an outfit to make it for them. You might want to try it.

I have 2 quarts of Barge and it was purchased on Amazon, they won’t take it back (they must know it’s bad). I got my hands on 2 gallons of contact cement and refuse to think I wasted cash, I’ll mix it with kids clothing and see if I catch a politician 

Great news 

the company that I had purchased 2 quarts of barge from has returned the money paid. When I told them that there was no holding power. I’m guessing that it was a bad batch. 

On 6/6/2022 at 12:45 AM, Doc Reaper said:

Great news 

the company that I had purchased 2 quarts of barge from has returned the money paid. When I told them that there was no holding power. I’m guessing that it was a bad batch. 

Doc get some barge  thinner also it has saved me many times, IMHO the thinner is a must have, barge is the best of all contact cement IMHO .  

On 4/14/2022 at 8:40 PM, Doc Reaper said:

Is anyone else having trouble finding contact cement? Home Depot and Lowes are about out, did a supply company burn down? DO NOT BLAME PUTIN, he saved the world from the Deep States next virus release 

Putin hasn't infiltrated our Southern friends down in Georgia. 

https://districtleathersupply.com/collections/adhesives

Just to throw another option out there: I use Aquilium 315 contact cement almost exclusively for holster and belt linings.

It's more expensive, but very strong with the benefits of being water-based, low-odor, and non-toxic. I've become sensitive to the the fumes of the solvent-based cements.

53 minutes ago, Chakotay said:

Just to throw another option out there: I use Aquilium 315 contact cement almost exclusively for holster and belt linings.

It's more expensive, but very strong with the benefits of being water-based, low-odor, and non-toxic. I've become sensitive to the the fumes of the solvent-based cements.

Come on there's nothing like an Industrial   high  some   trichlor 1,1,1 or xylene or toluene , or acetone all good for the high . Just to name a few LOL

I'll throw out Aquilum 315 as an option too but having used them both recently if I had to pick one for some deserted island leathercrafting it'd be Barge alllll day.

I use Weldwood manufactured by DAP. 

I buy it in quarts at Lowes mega hardware/lumber yard. No shortages here in Philadelphia, PA and also use toluene for cleaning and thinning.