Hags

One of 5 pancake holsters

I've been making holsters, but haven't posted since mine are pretty much the same. But, this was a bit unusual and I thought you might like the story. I had a guy call me about making 5 holsters as Groomsman's gifts for his wedding in June. 3 1911's, a Car (Khar?) 45, and an unknown at this time Sig. This is the one for the groom, Kimber 45 acp CUSTOM II. I really like these, might be my next purchase.  One of the 1911s is going to be a daisy bbq gun for his 9 yo son, who is going to be his best man(he wants him to have a holster he can grow into). So one for the groom, one for the best man, and 3 for the Groomsmen. All in dark brown, with groom, best man, and groomsman stamped on the back.

Herrmann oak 7/8 oz

Febings pro dye dark brown

Resolene and water 50/50 

Cobra class 3 with 277 top and bottom.

20220414_190609.jpg

20220414_190635.jpg

Looks darn good from here . . . 

You really also need to do a special shoulder strap for the girl's dad . . . to put on his shotgun . . .  would compliment the grooms well.

(lol)

May God bless,

Dwight

Another great piece of work, @Hags. Noticed there is a slight deformity around the belt slots.  Love the color and the personalized stamp on the back.

That deformity at the belt slots is from a very heavy belt piece I made to ensure the curve of the holster whi,e drying. I might need to round those edges a bit more, but it does ensure the proper arc of the back of the holster.

Most excellent piece.  

what an honor for you  they are great looking holsters indeed.

Thanks guys.

Very nice workmanship. Well done, sir.