zzrguy

Down And dirty 3 hr wallet

So like it says this wallet was made in 3hr. Cut Stamped Dyed top coated and assembled. a close friend of our had a wallet failure and was leaving for vaction that day so i told her i could wipe up a wallet for her quick so she didnt have to deal with it allong with getting her family ready for a flite to Florida. Stamping came out nice as a little accent and her Dad was a NYC firefighter so the red accent was for Red lives matter for him. I need to learn the skive not shiving made it a little chunky and messed up my stitch line.Ill remake it when I got time and take time to skive and fit it better..

20220409_111833.jpg

20220409_113021.jpg

20220409_113029.jpg

Edited by zzrguy

20220409_140504.jpg

20220409_140455.jpg

So I have a question has anyone had issue with USMC Black not soaking into the leather fully 

Edited by zzrguy

Kinda rough, but amazing how a little stamping can go a long way!

4 minutes ago, DanaStanley said:

Kinda rough, but amazing how a little stamping can go a long way!

Yeah it was a down and dirty job. Stamping did add alot to it.

not bad for a quicky:o

6 hours ago, zzrguy said:

20220409_140504.jpg

20220409_140455.jpg

So I have a question has anyone had issue with USMC Black not soaking into the leather fully 

USMC leather has to be buffed and will still bleed. It's for making your boots black after you strip them and then wax polish is applied. Atleast that's what we did when I shined my boots everyday.

On 4/16/2022 at 2:55 AM, Simplejack1985 said:

USMC leather has to be buffed and will still bleed. It's for making your boots black after you strip them and then wax polish is applied. Atleast that's what we did when I shined my boots everyday.

I meant not covering fully. I buffed it up and there were areas that you could see the leather as if no dye soaked in. I didn't see that till I sealed it.

One of the other guys on the forum suggested how he rubs his projects with oil before applying dye.  I can tell you it's made a difference for me and my projects.  But I'm sure your gift is very pleasing, because you personally hand made it for them.