Rossr

Buck 110 Pancake sheaths

Been messing around making some Buck 110 folding knife pancake sheaths.   The angled one I carved a feather and the straight one just some stamping.  I played a a bit with color on the stamped one.   Kind antique but not quite.   Anyway open to thoughts as always.

Thanks

Ross

20220418_184522.jpg

20220418_184803.jpg

20220418_185041.jpg

20220418_185049.jpg

Those look fantastic!  Love the color.  Stitching looks on point.  When I back stitch at the end of a run, I will pull the first stitching really tight so the back stitch over the top will lay down a bit more and not be as obvious.  Make sure to burnish those belt slots too.

15 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

Those look fantastic!  Love the color.  Stitching looks on point.  When I back stitch at the end of a run, I will pull the first stitching really tight so the back stitch over the top will lay down a bit more and not be as obvious.  Make sure to burnish those belt slots too.

Thanks Bob.  On the back stitch I always try to do that.  I stitched these on a needle awl campbell randall sewing machine and I struggle with back stitching with it.  If you go through the same hole you can cut the stitch with the awl.  So I try to go close or just next to it.   I'm really not sure the best practice there.  I also have left the tails and then hand back stitched which results in a better result but adds time .  Good point ok burnishing the slots as I did not do that, thinking I can do that with a dowl rod maybe or the pointed end of an antler.  I use a deer antler on my bench  to burnish at times.  Good thoughts and thanks for that!

1 minute ago, kiwican said:

These look great !

Thank you sir!  Hope things are well on your end of the earth!

5 minutes ago, Rossr said:

Thank you sir!  Hope things are well on your end of the earth!

Well the current state of the world is keeping me busy!  how are things on your end? I miss the chat room

36 minutes ago, kiwican said:

Well the current state of the world is keeping me busy!  how are things on your end? I miss the chat room

Glad you are busy!  Same old same old here.  Working leather and the occasional knife making and just keeping on...I miss the chat room friends and chat too.

Edited by Rossr

REALLY NICE!!   :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by chuck123wapati

Nice.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:08 AM, PastorBob said:

Make sure to burnish those belt slots too.

Hey all, I'm going to try my hand at one of these soon, except for a 112. They came out great @Rossr!

Wanted to ask if you all have some tips for burnishing a nice edge together inside those belt slots. I haven't had to burnish a space that tight yet.

Thanks in advance.

On 5/21/2022 at 5:06 PM, riy said:

Wanted to ask if you all have some tips for burnishing a nice edge together inside those belt slots. I haven't had to burnish a space that tight yet.

Rub it down with a little  tokonole or Tragacanth Gum.  Wrap a piece of canvas around your boning tool and rub away.  Alternately, I have several brass punches that I use with or without the canvas.  It always gives me good results. Good luck.

I also use the tip of a deer antler seems to help.   Along with saddle soap or a bunch of other possible things like gum tragacanth etc etc.

Best I can say is try stuff. There's lots of ways and everyone finds a method they like best

Really tight work.  I like it.

YinTx

Beautiful work!

8 hours ago, YinTx said:

Really tight work.  I like it.

YinTx

1 hour ago, BruceGibson said:

Beautiful work!

Thanks folks.

Nice job. 

Agree with everyone that says "Geat job!".  Your work looks clean and stamping is very tastefully applied.  

Silverd

On 6/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, JWheeler331 said:

Nice job. 

Thanks

1 minute ago, Silverd said:

Agree with everyone that says "Geat job!".  Your work looks clean and stamping is very tastefully applied.  

Silverd

Very Kind. Thanks