SPB

Bypass upper tensioner Chinese Patcher

After a little cleaning I got to testing my new Chinese Patcher machine. Everything seems to work, more or less out of the box. However, I find that I need to bypass the upper tensioner. Is there a reason that I need to use two (upper and lower) tensioners? 

I haven't yet tuned up any of the settings on the machine - I just ran a quick test to see if everything was working. Maybe after some fiddling the upper tensioner will loosen up a bit, but right now it seems to be very stiff.  

I only use the 2nd one on the left when I wind bobbins. Don't have to change settings for either one that way.

1 hour ago, SPB said:

However, I find that I need to bypass the upper tensioner. Is there a reason that I need to use two (upper and lower) tensioners? 

If you notice my thread path, the tensioners were relocated and now only one is used for the top thread and the other tensioner is used for the bobbin thread. I would remove the thread tensioners and clean / smooth all the surfaces and oil them and see if that helps. You may have to just turn the tension screw counterclockwise a bit to not buy so much tension on the disc's or you may have to change  or clip a bit off the length of the tensioner spring.

c1.jpg.cb5fac96cb4766b4606b67d77fe081a3.jpg