Sign in to follow this  
Tequila

Reverse Lever

I broke a needle the other day which knocked the machine out of time (needle was not going into the hole on the presser foot), I spoke to Leather Machine and it was an easy fix.  The problem now is that the reverse lever moves up and down while I’m sewing, when I hold it down for reverse stitching I can feel like it’s riding on the lobe of a cam, that’s just the way it feels to me.  What could be causing this and what would be the fix?

Edited by Tequila

Problem solved with the help of Tony from Leather Machine

@Tequila - Would be nice for us to know what machine it was, and especially what the fix was.  But good that it's working again for you.

16 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

@Tequila - Would be nice for us to know what machine it was, and especially what the fix was.  But good that it's working again for you.

The machine is a Cobra 26.  When the needle broke it not only knocked out the timing but apparently it also moved the needle assembly.  The first time I re-timed it while it was working the feed dog was too far back, so I had to re-time the feed dog then move the needle assembly to get it centered in the hole.  Sounds easy enough but in reality it was a lot of back and forth between the two and fine tuning to get running the way I wanted. 

If someone has the same type of machine and wants the details I’d be glad to share.