Sign in to follow this  
Thescandall

Something has to be missing.

It sews great but leaves a bad skid mark. 111w155 alternating presser foot not doing squat.  Took a video. By the way this new table and motor I built is really nice. Talk about control. 
 Any way. What the heck is going on here. 

Edited by Thescandall

I´d try this - loosen this screw (maybe its loose already), rotate the hand wheel toward you until the inner foot and the tip of the needle arrive at throat plate level at the same time. Then tighten the screw again and check if it works.

20220428_092834.jpg

10-4. Will try it tomorrow when I get back to the ranch. 

Mine is similar actually. the presser foot is not lifting. I just added a video too. Very interested in your solution if you manage to get it resolved.

Vovo. I searched your threads and found yours.  It led me down a worm hole to a bunch of very useful info and videos. That singer manual is awesome compared to the military ones I have. Also Uwe and Constabularys knowledge is super valuable. Hope to sort things out this afternoon when I get back to the ranch. I will post up later with a video of the full machine, table and motor set up I have done.  It’s my first one and I can already feel the addiction setting in.  I just need to find another cool machine to mess with now.  

On 4/28/2022 at 2:40 AM, Constabulary said:

I´d try this - loosen this screw (maybe its loose already), rotate the hand wheel toward you until the inner foot and the tip of the needle arrive at throat plate level at the same time. Then tighten the screw again and check if it works.

20220428_092834.jpg

That was the problem.  It lifts correct now. It needs to be a little higher while sewing but now  that I followed the worm hole to the older posts I gathered a lot of useful info. And the actual readable singer manual is great. All the other ones I have are blurry and not complete. 
Thanks.