Fellow has an older Buck 110 folder . . . said his sheath was falling apart.

Had one in the drawer that was over 50 years old  . . . was going to send it to him . . .  decided to just make a new one.

For what it's worth . . .  here it is.

May God bless,

Dwight

buck 1.jpg

buck 2.jpg

He should be happy with that!  I would be.  Had a 110 and it was a good knife. 

34 minutes ago, MikeRock said:

Had a 110 and it was a good knife. 

I've still got mine . . .  I would carry it until the anvil in my pocket would get to be too much . . .  I'd get something else.

Then a job would come up where I wished I would have had it . . . would go back to it . . . 

Later it would become the anvil again . . . 

Cycle repeated itself bunches of times.  

It wound up in my junk drawer for the last 30 years or so . . .  but it is actually a really great knife.

Final replacement has been a Kershaw flip folder . . .  whole bunch lighter and thinner.

May God bless,

Dwight

I lost mine in the woods east of Keystone, SD.  Belt sheath snap opened in the bush and the knife was gone when I needed it.  Rode back up the horse trail, never found it.

Replaced with stag handle Case folding hunter....  now IT is in the drawer, like your anvil.  Have an Emerson pocket clip knife with the cool little 'instant opening' tang. 

God bless

Mike

wonderful job it looks better than original !! I have three in three different drawers lol one was broken i made a new blade and added curly maple scales and even made one of those pancake style sheathes for it. One of my daily carries is a small old timer lock blade it stays in a belt buckle sheath i made. Then a three blade Case Stockman in my pocket.

Very well done. Still have mine from the 70's!

4 hours ago, Davm said:

How did you form the leather?

20 some odd years ago . . . I made a .45 ACP magazine former . . . the knife was snug . . . but it worked.

Cut a piece of leather . . . get it wet . . . lay it over the make part . . . force the female part down on to it . . . smack the ends so that it is snug . . . put 3 "C" clamps on it for about 20 minutes . . . take off the clamps . . . hang up to dry . . . 

Cut out the piece you want tomorrow and pitch the rest.  Sew it up . . . you are done.

May God bless,

Dwight

45 acp mag maker.jpg

Fun project.  My daily carry is a Kershaw Dividend, assisted opening.  Made in the good old U.S. of A.

I own a couple of Bucks and they are also nice, but the Kershaw is my fave.

Thanks Dwight. I recently made two pouches for 45ACP clips/magazines and I couldn't get the leather right so I used side panels and had the front go around the bottom, up the back, and then become the flap.  Came out okay but I really wanted the type you made.

Couple of suggestions.

1. If you leave the knife in the sheath the brass bolsters turn green.  If you glue on a cloth liner- solves the problem.

2. Finish. I have had trouble with a brown dye bleeding when wet and staining my clothes.  I have therefore gone with a unique answer. Brew several tea bags into a very dark tea.  Soak the leather and then sun tan. Then a dab of Neats foot oil, then repeat the whole thing 3 times.  You will get as dark a brown as you have in the photo and so far- a fast color, doesn't bleed when wet.

19 hours ago, Davm said:

2. Finish. I have had trouble with a brown dye bleeding when wet and staining my clothes.  I have therefore gone with a unique answer. Brew several tea bags into a very dark tea.  Soak the leather and then sun tan. Then a dab of Neats foot oil, then repeat the whole thing 3 times.  You will get as dark a brown as you have in the photo and so far- a fast color, doesn't bleed when wet.

If you give it a good coat of Resolene . . . you don't have to go thru all that.

Never had a dye rub off after I had rubbed it down and given it one coat of resolene.

May God bless,

Dwight

Great job on that sheath.:yes:

I have several 110's and other Bucks a few case's but my favorite knife is the Western Lockback, this knive feels better in my hands then all the others.