Loop Irons

Does anybody have a source for 1.25" loop irons?

I like the steel irons on Bruce Johnson's website but I've been trying to get in touch with him for over a month with no replies.  I hope everything is okay with him.

1 hour ago, 308 said:

Does anybody have a source for 1.25" loop irons?

I like the steel irons on Bruce Johnson's website but I've been trying to get in touch with him for over a month with no replies.  I hope everything is okay with him.

Have you tried contacting him through Facebook Messenger?

https://www.facebook.com/Bruce-Johnson-Leather-Tools-281712388344/

No idea if any of the companies in this thread are currently sources, but it is a start...

Edited by Tugadude

Hi Tug,

Thanks for your reply and the links.

I have not tried to contact Bruce through facebook messenger because I don't use social media and no FB account.  However, I did look at his page and there has not been a new post since April 10th.

I will try to call the Canadian company tomorrow their product looks nice.  The Booth company is about an hours drive from me but their loop irons are showing out of stock on their website. Not sure if they have a retail store but I haven't heard of them before.

It seems that the other companies in the old thread are not around anymore.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, it's a good start.

I saw them in Beiler's Manufacturings catalog.  They are amish but you can call them.  They are in Lancaster PA.

I bought from Beilers, they have all styles. Thick, thin and wedged steel. Best source for wood is Abbey's England.

Never knew a thing like this existed.  I have always used a piece of leather cut to the width of the strap / belt to size loops / openings.  What is the benefit or other uses of such a tool?

48 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

Never knew a thing like this existed.  I have always used a piece of leather cut to the width of the strap / belt to size loops / openings.  What is the benefit or other uses of such a tool?

The loop stick enables you to stretch the dampened loop a bit to size it and to block the corners, making them square.  Particularly handy for fixed loops sewn on a strap with the stitch lines running through the ends of the loop, and for narrow fixed/running loops on a bridle.

i  made mine out of hardwood. they aren't hard to make

I just wanted to update this thread to say I've just received the 3 steel loop irons that I ordered from Bruce Johnson.  They're excellent quality and just what I needed.

I recommend ordering from him.  It took a while to connect because his website doesn't allow ordering but it was worth the wait for me.

Thanks Bruce and thanks everyone for their help here.