DavidBraley

Consew 206RB-5 Table Cut-Out Pattern

Hopefully I'm describing this correctly...

I'm trying to build a table for a Consew 206RB-5 I have, and I'm having trouble finding the correct dimensions for the opening in the table.

Is there a pattern or drawing with dimensions that someone can share for the opening, or cut-out in the top of the table for a Consew 206RB-5?

I've found one here on the forum for the Singer 211, but I'm not sure if this is the same for the 206RB-5.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

Hey Mr David,

I have attached a copy of the page from the Seiko STH 8BLD 3 manual previously posted by Gregg at Keystone (MHRIP). My link to the original does not seem to be working.

Best of luck.

Lee

Seiko-sth-8bld-3_Manual-Table-Keystone.pdf

8 hours ago, leecopp said:

My link to the original does not seem to be working.

That is because the owner died in March of 2021. The website is still registered until 2023, but all pages now render a 403 Forbidden response. All content has been removed or is concealed.

Lee,

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I made the dumb decision to buy my machine without a table.

I read somewhere on the internet there are several models/brands of machines that will fit the same opening (with some minor tweaking).

There is also a thread here on the forum that has proven to be very helpful: "Has Anyone Built Their Own Industrial Sewing Machine Tables?"

I will carefully measure, and re-measure everything as I go...

David

21 minutes ago, DavidBraley said:

I made the dumb decision to buy my machine without a table.
David

I am curious. Why did you make that poor decision?

You can still buy a knocked down table that is setup for your make and model. It will save a lot of time, mess and probably money too.

Most tables include a proper machine cutout with countersunk supports at the four corners, a slot for the belt, a K or H legs steel frame, a motor, a switch box and wiring, a proper length v-belt, a floor pedal and linkage for the motor, either a knee lifter assembly or foot lifter and chain with a cutout in the table, a bobbin winder, a drawer, an oil drip pan with a cutout for a knee lifter (or a fitted and gasketed oil pan for oil pump equipped machines), a thread stand, a tilt back peg and a flex lamp.

Wiz,

You are correct. No good reason for sure. Just getting started, and not thinking it through.

I do already own a very nice set of industrial sewing machine legs with the gas pedal and linkage. The legs also adjust for height.

I have a very large pile of left over Western Maple from a previous project that I could use to make a nice butcher block style top for this thing. My wood shop is nicely equipped for this type of project.

David

let us see it when done.

glenn

On 5/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, DavidBraley said:

Wiz,

You are correct. No good reason for sure. Just getting started, and not thinking it through.

I do already own a very nice set of industrial sewing machine legs with the gas pedal and linkage. The legs also adjust for height.

I have a very large pile of left over Western Maple from a previous project that I could use to make a nice butcher block style top for this thing. My wood shop is nicely equipped for this type of project.

David

Hi David,

Nice to see you here... I'm glad you found this site. It's one of the very best.  And for leather working and machine specific help, it's way better than that other site where we've exchanged some messages.

Since you're pretty convinced about making your own table, is it maybe possible for you to visit a dealer who has the correct table so that you can take some exact measurements and photos?  As Wiz said, don't forget the cutout for the belt running the bobbin winder.  And you really should be pretty accurate about the placement for the servo motor.

A butcher block style table for this does seem to be a bit of overkill, imho.

Best of luck!

hope this helps.

cutout.JPG

Thank you everyone for the help! I really appreciate it. I will be very careful to get this right the first time. I definitely will share what I come up with. B)

MtlBiker,

I'm already re-thinking the butcher block for my top.  The new ideas all started cooking in my brain from John's suggestions on the Upholstery forum (hopefully the word "Upholstery" is not a bad thing on this forum!).

My plan is to make two larger tables that can slide up against the sewing machine table to make my work surface larger for bigger projects. It was suggested the work surfaces be taller to help with the chance of back back pain from working on a surface that's too low. Being a 45+ year machinist and tool maker, I can say I'm very familiar with working at a low bench for long periods of time. :unsure:

I also plan on making a double reduction pulley system between the servo and the machine head. I am just getting started, and I have read a LOT about how helpful slowing things down can be for the beginner.

Take care all!

David