I think this is our most ambitious project so far and we've been working on it on and off since January. We're huge fans of DnD lore and a Mimic toolbox is something we had always wanted to make. This is how it was made

thumb DSC_0059_1_1.jpg

thumb DSC_0066.jpg

thumb DSC_0069.jpg

thumb DSC_0070.jpg

thumb DSC_0074.jpg

thumb DSC_0076.jpg

thumb DSC_0082.jpg

thumb DSC_0086.jpg

thumb DSC_0090.jpg

out of this world cool!! You folks are true artists in leather.

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

out of this world cool!! You folks are true artists in leather.

Thank you sir! 

So cool, I have got the pattern!

that is going to be an epic level dice chest!

as a question how sturdy is it? I have a lot of dice and am a little concerned about the base bowing, would it be worth putting a form of stiffner on the base? 

That is very cool lot's of work in all that detail whenever I'm working on something difficult I'll think of this box and that thought will make my work so much easier so thank you for showing such a fine piece of work.

58 minutes ago, HaloJones said:

So cool, I have got the pattern!

that is going to be an epic level dice chest!

as a question how sturdy is it? I have a lot of dice and am a little concerned about the base bowing, would it be worth putting a form of stiffner on the base? 

First of all thank you! The legs get stitched to it as well and it makes it quite sturdy particularly if you will be using at least 5-6 oz veg tan like we did. I think something like 500 grams of concentrated weight right in the middle would make it sag a bit but I suppose that won't be the case.

53 minutes ago, Samalan said:

That is very cool lot's of work in all that detail whenever I'm working on something difficult I'll think of this box and that thought will make my work so much easier so thank you for showing such a fine piece of work.

Lol I was thinking the same thing when we were done. Not a lot of projects will seem difficult from now on