Sign in to follow this  
DJole

Pink Skull Bag

I'm making a series of bags. This is the first one. It's big enough to fit most smart phones-- 7" long by 6" wide (18.5 X 14.5 cm).
My sister loves it and wants to give it a home, so this one is no longer in my inventory!

skullFront.jpg

skullBack.jpg

The design is Craftool Pro D2171. I haven't really done a "diaper" effect so I thought I'd try it out here to add interest and texture to the back. 

SkullSide.jpg

edges.jpg

That's Angelus Rose you see as the lovely pink shade, and Clear Tokonole on those gorgeous smooth edges.
Ritza Black thread, some red waxed linen on the zipper, and a metallic gold thread on the D-ring tabs. 

Edited by DJole

That is awesome , nice to see a different type of bag. Angelus has some really nice  colors, I was gifted a set at Christmas:yeah:

Pretty awesome design, execution, and color.  I struggle with gussets.  You did a great job. 

On 5/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, rleather said:

That is awesome , nice to see a different type of bag. Angelus has some really nice  colors, I was gifted a set at Christmas:yeah:

Angelus really does have some great colors! 

11 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Pretty awesome design, execution, and color.  I struggle with gussets.  You did a great job. 

the gussets here are two pieces: one on top where the zipper is, and the other around the bottom. What I did was cut them long, and as I sewed them to the front of the bag, when I got close to the overlap I carefully measured and trimmed them, and then sewed them together right at that time. After the gussets were connected, I finished stitching the back of the bag on. Thanks to careful work, all the pieces lined up very well.