Jakek1978

Cobra class 26 needle foot adjustment?

Hello, I have had my class 26 for about a month now. I have my stiching adjustments down, and they are really being to look professional. But I'm having problems with the pressure feet. The outer foot I understand how to adjust it, and it's at the point it's leaving very few marks. But the needle foot is absolutely horrible, and I can't seem to find anything on adjusting it. Am I missing something, or is the instructions exactly vague? 

I know the thread tension is off in this picture. I wasn't paying attention to it. 

20220505_100914.jpg

I just went through the owners manual and the engineers manual and I couldn’t find any reference for that adjustment, sorry.  Hopefully someone will chime in with a good answer. 

I have no 26 / 341 clone but triple feed machines are pretty much the same. What I would try is reducing the main foot pressure as much as possible. You just need enough foot pressure that the needle is not lifting up the material when is rising. That is caused by friction between leather and needle. Its depends on how thick you sew - the thicker the material the more foot pressure you need to work against the friction and vice versa.

Furthermore I would reduce the walking foot height as much as possible. Why? Cause my theory is that the higher the outer foot lifts the more it works against the foot pressure spring and the more pressure you have on the inner (needle) foot. Of course when you have to walk over heights you may need more foot lift but when sewing flat it may reduce the foot marks. Let the foot lift maybe 2mm above the material when sewing.

Just my thoughts...

Edited by Constabulary

On 5/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, Jakek1978 said:

Hello, I have had my class 26 for about a month now. I have my stiching adjustments down, and they are really being to look professional. But I'm having problems with the pressure feet. The outer foot I understand how to adjust it, and it's at the point it's leaving very few marks. But the needle foot is absolutely horrible, and I can't seem to find anything on adjusting it. Am I missing something, or is the instructions exactly vague? 

I know the thread tension is off in this picture. I wasn't paying attention to it. 

20220505_100914.jpg

I have a 26 as well. I just bought it a few months back and regretted my purchase on my first use.  I used thin leather, heavy leather, different brands, temper, finish, etc. 
     So from what I know is its everything thats a problem haaa. The type of leather, brand, temper, finish, etc. I called the leather machine company and they told me to cut down the main spring 5mm because I had no adjustment left to losen  the foot.   Trust me, I know your anger!  A 3k$ machine shouldnt mark it at all but apparently everyone I talk to says, thats just the case with useing any machine, which is crazy.

As for adjustment, I was told in the bobbin area, there is lift height settings from 2 screws. I played around with it and didnt seem to help any.   
     Lastly, If you really look at most hand made stuff ( machine) you can see the foot marks. Never payed attention to it but they are there for sure.   maybe this video might help.

If you find anything out on how to not mark up leather, please please let me know!