Marcremb

Singer 168W101. Reverse and table added added

Hello out there. 

I am proud to show that i was able to add a reverse on my Singer post bed machine. I love this machine because it as a post bed walking foot.

It can sew at 3 stitches an inch and can sew up between 7/16 " and 1/2" with 207 nylon thread maximum. 

With the reverse added and the lift up table it became the most versatile machine that i have. Flat bed and post bed and can sew very close to the edge (1/4" from the left side) 

If it can help someone that doesnt have much space i will be glad that it goes around . 

If you need any help please feel free to comment or ask questions 

https://youtu.be/oGpobJ3w_-Q

Screenshot_20220507-022846_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220507-022824_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220507-022754_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220507-024704_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220507-024820_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220507-025405_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220507-025444_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Marcremb

This is awesome! Love the ingenuity here. 

it must have been quite the brain workout figuring this out. 

@Marcremb - Bien fait Marc!

Nice work and congrats on getting that machine working so nicely.

I guess you do professional reupholstering.  Very nice!

13 hours ago, Dominicgetsgnar said:

This is awesome! Love the ingenuity here. 

it must have been quite the brain workout figuring this out. 

Thanks. Yes it as been quite an expérience. I spended many hours on that machine but i dont regret a minute of it. Almost a terapy.

I would like to keep that one until i pass away.... 1

I forget all of my problems when working on those machines. I lovvvvve sewing machines. I have 9 different machines in my small shop. 

I do Upholstery for living. I would like also to sew heavy leather if God permits. That's why i bought a Juki tsc 441 clone. 

12 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

@Marcremb - Bien fait Marc!

Nice work and congrats on getting that machine working so nicely.

I guess you do professional reupholstering.  Very nice!

Bonjour Mtl biker. Merci du compliment 

Yes i do Upholstery for living. I saw the hand bags that you did. Very good work. But tell me please, what do you do for living? 

On 5/7/2022 at 6:23 AM, Marcremb said:

I am proud to show that i was able to add a reverse on my Singer post bed machine.

Ingenious. Great work.

kgg

5 hours ago, Marcremb said:

Bonjour Mtl biker. Merci du compliment 

Yes i do Upholstery for living. I saw the hand bags that you did. Very good work. But tell me please, what do you do for living? 

I have an art gallery and picture framing business.  I only started sewing (of anything) during the first forced isolation period from Covid.  Now I have several machines (not close to your 9 though!) and for me sewing was the only good thing that came out of Covid.

I'm curious... what 441 clone did you get?  How do you like it?  Have you seen the mods that @RockyAussie designed and sells for such machines?  Everyone is raving about them.

Cheers!

16 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

I have an art gallery and picture framing business.  I only started sewing (of anything) during the first forced isolation period from Covid.  Now I have several machines (not close to your 9 though!) and for me sewing was the only good thing that came out of Covid.

I'm curious... what 441 clone did you get?  How do you like it?  Have you seen the mods that @RockyAussie designed and sells for such machines?  Everyone is raving about them.

Cheers!

Oh! So your a handy man. Art and picture framing. Artisan is both : art + handy work.

It's good  to focus on something else than business.... It keeps the mind healthy. 

I bought this used 3 months old Choice 441 China made. I paid $2400 from Ontario. A God's blessing because it sells here in Mtl for $4000. 

I sold the table that was way out to large for my shop and made a height ajustable table for it. I made a slot at the other end of the pressure bar to be able to install Singer feet on it. 

This machine sews more thick than my Singer 144Wsv35 (long arm) 

All this to tell you that this machine is a must have to sew thick with a cylinder arm sewing machine. 

And yes i bought the narrow feed dog and needle plate for it from the store that Brian (Rocky Aussie) worked on the design . Have'nt had time yet to install the kit on the machine. 

But i can give you a review on it if you would like when installed. 

But may be your talking about something else? 

Sometimes i need to sew very thick during my Upholstery projects. 

I sewed an 1-1/2" antique front seat edge piece full of packed hard hay (paille ou fouin) i have removed a part that releases the top thread tension. 

It did pushed the machine to the extreme limit hoping not to brake it..... 

Screenshot_20220523-003325_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220523-004741_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220523-004416_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220523-004440_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Marcremb