Davm

Floral Seeder beveling

Tandy has the instructions of using a swivel knife to cut either a circle, or half circle- depending on the flower design.  I have recently tried using an acid brush tube to make the circle and then putting a single line of seeds around the outer perimeter.- this looks somewhat similar to Sheridan type carving.  In any event I need a dark shading between the seeds and the base of the pedals and I am not sure how to do it.  I could make the impression with the acid brush tube and then use a shader and then stamp the seeds, or stamp the seeds and then shade or bevel. I've tried a few ways and I'm not happy with any of them. In any event- how do the rest of you complete the seed pod area?  All help appreciated.

2 hours ago, Davm said:

Tandy has the instructions of using a swivel knife to cut either a circle, or half circle- depending on the flower design.  I have recently tried using an acid brush tube to make the circle and then putting a single line of seeds around the outer perimeter.- this looks somewhat similar to Sheridan type carving.  In any event I need a dark shading between the seeds and the base of the pedals and I am not sure how to do it.  I could make the impression with the acid brush tube and then use a shader and then stamp the seeds, or stamp the seeds and then shade or bevel. I've tried a few ways and I'm not happy with any of them. In any event- how do the rest of you complete the seed pod area?  All help appreciated.

Have any pics for reference?

I don't know how to post phots, in any event I tried the acid tube depression and then "eyeballed" the width of the seed stamp and used a pear shade stamp in an arch and then the seed stamp- looks better.  I wanted a more burnished look but will keep working on it.

Ante up and buy some flower center stamps.  They are worth the investment.  Keith

23 hours ago, Davm said:

don't know how to post phots

Check out this link for some helps and suggestions in posting photos.  Also pay attention to the lower part of the screen where it says how to upload your photos.

Buying the correct stamps is on my bucket list. I am used to the $7.99 Tandy specials. paying $50 is a new thing to me.   If I get to liking the effect I'll go ahead and get a couple.

10 hours ago, Davm said:

Buying the correct stamps is on my bucket list. I am used to the $7.99 Tandy specials. paying $50 is a new thing to me.   If I get to liking the effect I'll go ahead and get a couple.

You don't need to spend $50

Vtg Craftool Co USA Leather stamping tool #566 Discontinued FLOWER CENTER | eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165472461867?hash=item2686ed642b:g:1XQAAOSwhL5idzqL

Vtg Craftool CO #565 discontinued Leather stamping tool flower center Pre '64 | eBay

Leather Stamping Tools CRAFTOOL #J520 Flower Center | eBay

And there are more.

For 'seeds' you can use regular nail setters. They usually come in sets of 3 different sizes. The end of certain types has a circular depression in it which makes a good 'seed' or 'period/full stop' in lettering

nail-punches-250x250.jpg