AdamDavis

Cobra class 26 bobbin loading issue

Hi guys, I’m having a very hard time getting my new machine to “take up” the thread from the bobbin. I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to properly thread it and actually got it to work for a minute! Then, I managed to jam it up. I was able to clear the tangled thread out of the machine and everything seems to be moving freely when I rotate the hand wheel. Now I seem to be unable to get the machine to take up thread from the bobbin. I’ve watched at least 10 youtube videos and still can’t figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  

1. Make sure you are threading the top thread through the top guide post, then around the top tension disks, around the check spring, up to the takeup lever, then down through the guides to the needle.
  2. Make sure the thread stays in the top tension disks and that they don't separate as you sew. The disks should only open when you raise the feet manually with the hand/foot/knee lifter.
  3. Make sure you are using the correct needle System. You machine prefers System 135x16 (leather point) and 135x17 (round point).
  4. Make sure the needle is all the way up in the hole in the needle bar.
  5. Make dead sure the rib side faces due left and the cutout scarf over the eye faces due right!
  6. Hole back the starting threads! If the material covers the bobbin thread, hold the top thread under the presser foot for a couple stitches, so it catches and doesn't jam in the shuttle.
  7. Insert the bobbin so it unloads opposite the direction of rotation of the shuttle.

Thanks Wizcrafts! I’ll take another crack at it in the morning.