cryptid

Second Project finished!

I had a request for a hip/belt bag with leaves in the design. I should be big enough to hold a cell phone, have a pocket for ID/cards/cash, and a spot to store chapstick! 

I used some veg I had left from my guitar strap, watched some youtube for ideas, and came up with this.  I started to rush near the end of the project and this caused some mistakes.  I had originally wanted to do a hidden magnetic closure system but didn't plan that out appropriately so the clasp was an afterthought but I think it turned out nice.

I know what I like and dislike about it.  What do you see?  Thanks in advance for any feedback!

PXL_20220516_145348192.jpg

Edited by cryptid

Still having a hard time with the picture uploads.  here is the back.

PXL_20220516_145443033.thumb.jpg.bf2e240532d7721c4edc2c8be3b80ef1.jpg

Great job on grouping the leaves in the corner, then coming out from there with them. Nice design.  Something to consider on the next one...may want to have the circled parts below so they don't show the flesh side of the leather.  Maybe cut an additional piece the same size as the flap and sandwich the ring in between.  You also may want to touch up that thread end with a lighter.  Love the colors too.

image.png.3fc6134e4586399d0b219bb840602d31.png