Sign in to follow this  
Brokenolmarine

Utility Knife Case

I asked Miss Tina to picked up a new Razor (Utility) Knife for me when she was at the Home Depot, and she came home with a nice high quality metal one.  No plastic garbage for the boss.  My old one was probably in the coop, her barn, the tractor shed, or her sewing/crochet/quilting shop.... ;)  I took it out of the package and noticed that it was a fixed blade model.  I could already feel my fingers getting cut.  I told her NOT to worry, I'd just make a case for it.  NOT a sheath, no belt loops, just a protective case to keep the blade sharp and fingers protected.  I didn't want this ending up riding around the farm on boot cut jeans. :nono:

I dug a scrap of leather out of the bin, and knocked out the design in a couple hours.  Tooling?  Yup, I need the practice so I tool scraps laying on the bench from other projects. (Yup)  What I really need to do is start practicing floral carving. I suck at it.

Got it knocked out, the edges burnished and the holes knocked out, and then sewed it by hand.  I was happy.

01 case for razor knife.jpg

12 case closed.jpg

I'm guessing you'd like to see the utility knife IN the case... :dunno:

13 knifed.jpg

Nice work but no edge treatment on the open end ? dose not look finished to me .

nice tooling !!

Great job on the tooling.  Amazing what we can make out of a piece of scrap.  Nicely done.

I quite like it too  :specool:  Basket weave can be tricky, but that looks great. 

Just did a sheath with basket weave, I can safely say, I have improved quite a bit :)

However , I have yet to master tri-weave. 

HS