chuck123wapati

spring flowers and good food

14 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I haven't been to a pub/bar in probably 30 years. 

Same here. I also used to smoke....gave that up over 20+years ago . 

HS 

i wont be doing any leather work today the shovel is calling.

snowday1.JPG

It’s 76 here right now. Had the whole house fan on and the windows open, had to close house up and turn on the air. Ornamental cherry is blooming but the file size is too big to post. 

15 hours ago, 327fed said:

It’s 76 here right now. Had the whole house fan on and the windows open, had to close house up and turn on the air. Ornamental cherry is blooming but the file size is too big to post. 

Dang enjoy it for me would you? its snowing again this morning and 11degrees

Hope springs eternal. 

IMG_0144.JPG

@chuck123wapati " land rover is one of the best trucks ever made.. at least the old ones were" 

I have x 3 .  A pair of 68 LWB's (  one being an ex military) and x1 62 LWB . All original.  They all have stories.  They just need some TLC...and a few cans of AeroStart ( ether)  get them going again  LOL . 

HS

5 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

@chuck123wapati " land rover is one of the best trucks ever made.. at least the old ones were" 

I have x 3 .  A pair of 68 LWB's (  one being an ex military) and x1 62 LWB . All original.  They all have stories.  They just need some TLC...and a few cans of AeroStart ( ether)  get them going again  LOL . 

HS

Now i am jealous!!!

And the redbuds are next this week. 

IMG_0153 (2).JPG

5 hours ago, 327fed said:

And the redbuds are next this week. 

IMG_0153 (2).JPG

woke up to three more inches today, at least the roads were open lol.

You will have 70 degrees and 40 percent humidity when we are  at 105 and 80%. 

17 hours ago, 327fed said:

You will have 70 degrees and 40 percent humidity when we are  at 105 and 80%. 

lol i cant wait. 

On 3/6/2023 at 8:24 AM, Handstitched said:

HS

i had a 68 jeep cj5 but sold it last year, to small for my family and the engine needed rebuilt which was way to expensive for me. I have a 91 Chevy suburban i use now 6" lift 35 "tires 10,000 lb winch on the front and chains for all fours, that baby goes everywhere lol the dents attest to that.

I was fitting my friend Hugh for a shoulder holster for his Colt Woodsman and he gave me some terrific sourdough bread this week. 

IMG_0157.JPG

Forsythia is blooming better than usual. 

IMG_0158 (2).JPG

14 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I have a 91 Chevy suburban i use now 6" lift 35 "tires 10,000 lb winch on the front and chains for all fours, that baby goes everywhere lol the dents attest to that.

That would be quite a comfy  reliable vehicle  to drive :) The down side of old ' Landys'  , they ain't comfy. They're not built for speed or comfort , just work, but they do have a good low range. .  After a weekend of 4 wheel  driving ( back in the day )  it feels like I've done a workout at the gym . Heavy clutch ,and steering , no luxury of power steering.  But if it  gets a few dents, get a hammer, bang 'em back out again. If the battery is low, use a crank handle to start it.  Can't do that these days. 

No way would I take a fancy latest model  modern 4WD  in the bush, too much to go wrong, and  one scratch and its devalued  by $5K lol . 

HS

13 hours ago, 327fed said:

I was fitting my friend Hugh for a shoulder holster for his Colt Woodsman and he gave me some terrific sourdough bread this week. 

IMG_0157.JPG

that and some fresh butter mmmm bet its about gone by now lol.

@chuck123wapati "lol if i had an extra 12 k to spend I would be setting in an ice hut drinking hot toddies and jigging for walleyes and buyin my leather goods already made."

If I had  spare $12k, I'd fix up one of my old ' Landys'  and disappear into the bush,  cook up a few snags ( sausages)   on a open fire washed down with  a few beers &  sip JD's .

" Byeeeeeeee  suckers , don't call me, I'll call you !!!!"

No harm in dreamin' eh?  LOL 

HS

@chuck123wapati G'Day, hope all is well, Just popped in  :)

We got hit with a massive  thunder storm early this morning about 5.30 . Just about to drive to  a market when ' Mother Nature' said....'nup stay in bed' . Heavy rain, heavy hail,( looked like snow)  thunder, the full works. 

Our  Winter creek turned into a raging torrent, never seen so much water  . Paddocks ,ours and neighbors  got flooded. Some damage to fencing etc. but all good otherwise. Nowhere near the damage that the tornado caused over there. 

Needless to say, I went back to bed :yes:

HS

Handstitched Take care my friend and stay safe, hope your place and folks are alright. Everything is warming up over here sloooowly, It has been warming and melting for the last couple weeks but it still snows almost daily and i still have drifts in my yard. At the least they will keep my apricot tree from budding early this year. Always look on the bright side but man i could sure use some backyard time on the grill.

21 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Always look on the bright side but man i could sure use some backyard time on the grill.

Hear hear !!!  We're all safe ,thanks,  just a lot of mess.  We've had some wild weather before , but never seen so much water  in such a short amount of time go across our paddock. What I keep seeing over here in the news   is two semi's rolled over like they were toys after the tornado .  

If it cheers you up, our weather is just starting to cool down, a bit,  so we had  slow cooked curried lamb shanks in a nice curry sauce  tonight.  Soooo  damn delish,  tender meat just fell of the bone, not too spicy , they're messy to eat...but I don't care . The messiest feeds are often the best....you couldn't take  me to a fancy restaurant   :thumbsup:   I better get the ol' weber BBQ cleaned up and ready soon. 

Take care, and my respect to Mother Nature :yes:

HS 

On 3/27/2023 at 4:41 AM, Handstitched said:

Hear hear !!!  We're all safe ,thanks,  just a lot of mess.  We've had some wild weather before , but never seen so much water  in such a short amount of time go across our paddock. What I keep seeing over here in the news   is two semi's rolled over like they were toys after the tornado .  

If it cheers you up, our weather is just starting to cool down, a bit,  so we had  slow cooked curried lamb shanks in a nice curry sauce  tonight.  Soooo  damn delish,  tender meat just fell of the bone, not too spicy , they're messy to eat...but I don't care . The messiest feeds are often the best....you couldn't take  me to a fancy restaurant   :thumbsup:   I better get the ol' weber BBQ cleaned up and ready soon. 

Take care, and my respect to Mother Nature :yes:

HS 

Spring is sprung:banana:    the huge drifts have been replaced with light skiffs in the morning lol. Took the day off today to rack up last falls wine 5 gallons, It is Chokecherry, Service berry, two local native fruit trees. They make an awesome dark red semi sweet wine that is just fruity and good we go pick them in late summer. then i freeze them until i can make it in the fall.

Makes an awesome Sangria and Damn good when used in my marinara sauce and Italian cooking too. lol.

wine 20231.jpg

wine20232.jpg

The colour of the wine looks awesome :specool:  Sounds delish too , and yes, marinades do come to mind . 

Nice to see you incorporate it with your work, along with a flint lock pistol  :)  . The one thing you wont see over here is corks in bottles of wine, its all screw tops . 

I'm half way making a few insulated  wine bottle carriers . I have a bit of spare time now, so I may be able to get them finished. 

Won't be long before the Christmas leftovers come out of the freezer for soups.

Its cooled right down here now, everything is nice a green , cool damp nights, totally different to a few months ago , we were frying our a**ses off.  

HS 

That will last about two years, I don't drink as much as i use cooking but i had to have a glass, a good cook always tastes their work  you know. Cooked out doors for the first time of the year yesterday, hamburgers over an open fire and fresh homemade buns you just cant beat that smoky flavor lol. I'll be  firing up the tiller today, mama wants a big garden this year so its time to get to work no more of the easy leather work for a week or so. Then i have to fix the front end on my truck, i busted two u joints on the front axles ruining both inner axles in the process so there is some money out the window i couldn't afford to lose and a lot of work to totally rebuild of the front differential.

I built the pistol form a kit many years ago, basically just did the fitting and wood work but it shoots well and I'm deciding on how to carry it in my possibles bag or not, I usually just stick it in my belt like the pirates did.

38 minutes ago, billybopp said:

341114702_1445738272897260_5301568829994425540_n.jpg

:rofl: bout shot coffee out my nose.