Mark88

Firefighter Radio Strap and holster

Friend of mine asked if I would be able to make a firefighting radio strap and holster.  Was wondering if anyone on here may have a hardware list and possible outline/plans for one of these?  Thank you in advance to anyone that can lend a helping hand.

Cheers

I did this one for a fellow in Tx . . . instead of a double radio like the black and white picture . . . he got one radio and a place for a cellphone and a notebook.

May God bless,

Dwight

radio shoulder holster.jpg

radio holster back.jpg

radio holster inside.jpg

radio holster last rivet.jpg

Here is the rest of it.

radio holster.jpg

radio holster right side.jpg

nice work, Dwight.  Always good to see your work!

Just saw this...looks like a wildland rig Dwight posted...Mark...if you were looking for something for a structural guy, I can probably help you out with a few ideas...let me know how to contact you via email and I'll start funneling some patterns and ideas to you...here is one I did a few years ago...both my boys are in the fire service, so I've been making these for quite a few years...I've got firefighters strapped from Iowa to Oregon and a few points in between.

BoxedLaced_LinedStitched_SaddleTan.jpg

Here's a broader look...you can get a sense of what hardware you need and how to go forward if your not into the correspondence thing...this one is slightly different holster design using rivets through the back...pretty standard utility case type construction.

20181207_112205.jpg

Heres a "start"...also, there's easier ways to do the holsters than what I show here...you can make them with a "crucifix" style arrangement of two pieces of strap...2.5 - 4 inches wide depending on the radio you are trying to fit and what graphics you want to use, that just punches the rivets through the front of the case...I don't use it that much because I need the "canvas" area for the toolings I do...but I sure like making them that way when I can, because...its easy.

20190204_154956resized.jpg

And finally...the down and dirty, quick and easy...hopefully...enough here today to get you started.

r/

mike

SpeedyBucket.jpg