Sign in to follow this  
Mocivnik

Para ordnance vs. 1911 mold

Can be same mold used for Colt 1911 and Paraordnance? The gun is actually a copy, but idk about the molds.

if it is a 1911, yes. Barrel length may be different, as well as the trigger guard.  

4 hours ago, Mocivnik said:

Can be same mold used for Colt 1911 and Paraordnance? The gun is actually a copy, but idk about the molds.

44 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

if it is a 1911, yes. Barrel length may be different, as well as the trigger guard.  

1911, yes. I know about the barrel size, but im concerned about the guard. But I hope it's gonna be okay aswell.

welcome

On 5/18/2022 at 1:17 AM, Mocivnik said:

Can be same mold used for Colt 1911 and Para Ordnance? The gun is actually a copy, but idk about the molds.

yes and no.

Depending on the PO model.

the POs are based off the 1911 design, but some of the POs and other brands are "wide bodies" where the grip is larger/wider due to the increase in magazine capacity.   Or if you are familiar with gun magazines, some of them are staggered (double stack) mags instead of a straight stack.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:33 AM, $$hobby said:

welcome

yes and no.

Depending on the PO model.

the POs are based off the 1911 design, but some of the POs and other brands are "wide bodies" where the grip is larger/wider due to the increase in magazine capacity.   Or if you are familiar with gun magazines, some of them are staggered (double stack) mags instead of a straight stack.

Okay, this is very accurate answer of what I was actually looking for :) Thank you.

Yeah, I know about single and double stacked mags, they are popular in IDPA/IPSC. Great, now I know what I need for holsters :D

1 hour ago, Mocivnik said:

Okay, this is very accurate answer of what I was actually looking for :) Thank you.

Yeah, I know about single and double stacked mags, they are popular in IDPA/IPSC. Great, now I know what I need for holsters :D

Depending on the type of holster you are making (as long as you are not also making mag holders), the grip thickness shouldn't come into play.  Most holsters do not "contain" the grip of a hand gun.  Good luck.  Please post pics of the finished holster so we can see your fabulous work.