ianpiotr

Adler 067 vs Pfaff 1245

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking this forum for a while now, as it is an amazing source of knowledge.

I currently have an old Adler 067, which I use for sewing heavy fabrics (waxed cotton, cordura, stuff like that). It is a version without up/down movement of the feed dog, only front/back (can't remember which subclass it is).

I found someone selling a Pfaff 1245-706/05 for 850€, and I'm wondering if the difference between the two machines would justify the expense. Despite my efforts, I could not find informations about this subclass, so if anyone knows a thing or two about it, I'd be really interested !

My current adler is old but equipped with a nice servomotor (Ho Hsing G60, runs really great). The Pfaff has a clutch motor, but I could swap the two and try to sell the adler. Or I could buy a new servo for the pfaff, why not.

Anyway, any comparison point you could provide me on these machine would be much appreciated !

1245 will have the bigger bobbin.  Also,  foot lift should be a little higher on the Pfaff.  Color of Pfaff?  Pfaff  should be better machine overall and is smoother than the Adler!

glenn 

1 hour ago, shoepatcher said:

1245 will have the bigger bobbin.  Also,  foot lift should be a little higher on the Pfaff.  Color of Pfaff?  Pfaff  should be better machine overall and is smoother than the Adler!

glenn 

The pfaff seems to be gray from the pictures, but their quality is bad and the machine probably dirty so not totally sure. I saw some beige models, but why does it matters ? does it corresponds to different series/generations ?

2 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

1245 will have the bigger bobbin. 

I had a PFAFF 1245 it was the old casing that had the coffee yellow body color with the dark brown belt covers. It had the small bobbin. Something to check.

kgg

The color of the machine will normally tell you where it was made. All the ones coming out of China are the white ones.  However, some white ones came out of Germany.  All the other colors came out of Germany.

glenn

Okay, my researches continue. The reference 1245 refers to two machines ; the current one, with a very blocky aspect (this one : https://www.universalsewing.com/images2/parts_lists/all/d6aei79f.pdf ) and a slightly older version, the coffee yellow body color with the dark brown belt covers that kgg talked about (https://www.universalsewing.com/images2/parts_lists/all/6mdl64b0.pdf )

From what I see they seems to be very similar inside the frame. what are the differences between these two ?

Major difference IMO is just the casting. On the later model they covered whole mechanism on the rear side whereas it is visible / easier accessible on the earlier models.

Edited by Constabulary

760-05 and -07 normally come without 'P'.

Correction to last post; should have read 1245 706-05 and -07 normally without 'P'. Used for binding.

send us the full model number  like 1245/706-05  and any other letters.  That will tell us a lot.  Brass model tag or aluminum tag?

glenn