Pappys Leather

Sealing leather dyes

What are others using to seal your leather projects? I have used super sheen and satin sheen, using the satin because I do not want a glossy finish. I started usingFiebling's leather sheen spray so my dyes don't get smeared or taken off as what happens when wiping it on. Can Resolene be applied over satin sheen? I just fin8shed a rifle scabbard that I just used oil on it then I put satin sheen on it but thinking I should have used resolene

Try the Tan Kote ...it is resin base , not acrylic . Apply it in light coats . It will allow you to apply conditioners down the road if need it

Depending on the item to be sealed. Either ' seal 'n' shine'  on my regular belts, pouches etc.  or NFO on the heavier  belts items. 

HS

I use a local to me version of 'Mop and Glo', an acrylic varnish. Its not unlike Resolene, but I found several years ago Resolene was no longer doing the job [ change of formula maybe ? ] My sealer is thinner than the US version, mine is water thin. Just one coat seals well but I put on two coats