Norwegian

Holster patterns Ruger and Colt

Any ideas about where I might buy/find holster patterns for "Ruger new model blackhawk 7,5"  and "Colt army replica uberti 7,5"? Due to guns laws here, I can't have the guns in the shop for pattern making etc, and it'll take too long to get blue guns here (if there are any blue guns to be bought). 

Will Gormley patterns. You can order direct from him or Weaver Leather. I know he has several for Colt Army and I imagine some of them could be modified for a Blackhawk if he does not have one. Main difference is large adjustable sights on Blackhawk. New Model is a bit thicker than Colt Army, old model Blackhawk and Vaquero.  

Tandy has a holster pattern book with single action revolvers but not as specific on models. The Al Stohlman patterns run a bit small. 

Edited by 327fed

Denix Replicas  

I have some of the Tandy patterns and they DO say which holster is for which gun

Denix are limited on their guns. I have several of them including a couple of SAA and a 1860. The two the OP mentions are not made by Denix. Are any of the other guns similar? eg is a Blackhawk 7.5 anything like a SAA with 7.5 inch barrel?

The New Model Blackhawk will just be a little beefier in frame and cylinder than a SAA. Big adjustable sights vs a groove sight on SAA. Probably 1/2 inch all around extra. Old Model Blackhawk very similar in size to SAA. Colt Army is the Colt Single Action Army, Model P, Model 1873. 

Thanks

A thought; could the OP make a loose fit holster for a SAA or wrap the SAA with some padding and duct tape, allow extra or tape on something for the sights, for a holster?

I think he said that he could not have either gun in shop. If he wet forms it it might stretch enough anyway. Or just trace 1/2 or so outside the smaller pattern. There outa be a new model Blackhawk pattern floating somewhere. You can make it where the adjustable sights sit above the top of the holster. 

Another thought. If the same customer wants both holsters, make the Colt holster  first and let the customer see if it also fits his Blackhawk. If so, make 2. If not, make a little bigger one. 

6 hours ago, fredk said:

I have some of the Tandy patterns and they DO say which holster is for which gun

Denix are limited on their guns. I have several of them including a couple of SAA and a 1860. The two the OP mentions are not made by Denix. Are any of the other guns similar? eg is a Blackhawk 7.5 anything like a SAA with 7.5 inch barrel?

Thank you! I also had the thought about similar guns, but I don't have enough knowledge about guns.

2 hours ago, 327fed said:

I think he said that he could not have either gun in shop. If he wet forms it it might stretch enough anyway. Or just trace 1/2 or so outside the smaller pattern. There outa be a new model Blackhawk pattern floating somewhere. You can make it where the adjustable sights sit above the top of the holster. 

Another thought. If the same customer wants both holsters, make the Colt holster  first and let the customer see if it also fits his Blackhawk. If so, make 2. If not, make a little bigger one. 

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! Good suggestions, this might be the way to go! And no, I can't have the guns in the shop. I guess the customer can bring them here and show them to me, but not much more, but I have to double check with the police.. I have sure looked for a new model Blackhawk pattern, but no luck this far.

The Colt Frontier 44 mag in the Al Stohlman book might be close. I have no idea how to create a digital pattern or I would send you one for a New Model Blackhawk. 

Just curious what part of  Tn.?

I am in the JNA area of Tennessee. Just North of Alabama. State Line  above Huntsville Al. 

I'll second the Will Gormley patterns. They are excellent. Pick one closest to the style you want.....then you can modify them for other styles. The fit of the pistols is perfect with these, and Will is a great guy. One pattern from Will will have patterns for most Black Powder, Colt, Remington and Schofield style firearms.

If it helps I made a pattern for a Ruger 40 mag and also made a holster for a S&W 357 mag, both are revolvers with 7 7/8 barrels 

pm me for anything needed

I have a pat for Blackhawk 357 mag 6 inch loop holster easy to ad an inch

On 6/1/2022 at 1:13 AM, Doc Reaper said:

If it helps I made a pattern for a Ruger 40 mag and also made a holster for a S&W 357 mag, both are revolvers with 7 7/8 barrels 

pm me for anything needed

Thank you!