im making a belt for my daughter and it needs to be a crimson color. i bought some #207 crimson thread and its just perfect.. my question is im trying to match the color to it now.. oxblood is the starting point i guess.. should i mix red with it or maybe wine. i can see a huge mess coming unless someone has tried this before and has any input to help me shorten the learning curve..

The Oxblood dye I have, Fiebings afair, turns out pink, quite pink.

I have Tandy Eco-flo dye Scarlet which is a very good red. You might be better starting with that

thanks Fred.. im out the door and headed to my local tandy to shop around.. i should probably leave my wallet at home.. that place can get expensive for someone like me.  i didnt even think about scarlet.  

afair mixing a good strong pure red with a little purple will get you crimson

ok i found the scarlet and got a red also. its nice having a Tandy 15 minutes from the house in Pasadena texas.  i guess i should have waited a few more minutes before going and picked up some purple too. will report back with results a little later..  

This tandy store is a small hole in the wall but has plenty of stock on leather and supplies.. 

I found the Ecoflo scarlet water based matches the thread great. Just a couple coats and then tankote on top.  

1033CDBF-EE63-4C37-A98A-2A59E5253DD4.jpeg

most excellent!   :thumbsup:

You might find that Angelus dyes has a good color for you: