trash treasure

Old factory sewing machine stand, or not?

This was posted on another forum, I follow - A guy there, from Germany, posted photos of a small antique metal lathe he just bought.

He says the table it came with is original to the lathe, but I think it's an old line shaft sewing factory table - Anyone have an opinion ?

lathe table.jpg

yes, stands like this were used by Singer, Adler and so forth. I have one from a Singer 7 but but just the 2 outer parts. This will be my kitchen table one day (kicking this around for 3 years or so)

But it would not surprise me if they were used in other plants as well.

I shot these pic in 2016 when I visited a Museum in Bielefeld (Home of Dürkopp, Adler, Phoenix and other sewing machine brands)

20160612_154515.jpg

20160612_154957.jpg

20160612_154924.jpg

20160612_154816.jpg

20160612_154752.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

34 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

this is what I have

IMG_5850.JPG

IMG_6239.JPG

In the next to the last pic the machines with the wheel on the front I have one of those have no idea how to thread it it's in mint cond I read somewhere it's a high speed machine I have a lot of parts for it also some day I'll figure it out lol.      great pics can I get a window seat LOL

Thank you !  I was sure I was right, but the guy didn't believe me that it was a re-purposed sewing machine table  :)

imo without a name cast or engraved on the metal it may not be absolutely for a sewing machine. It might be for a lathe or any sort of machine tool. A lot of factories ran machines on tables from underground or overhead power supplies. We used to gets lots of different tables like this in junk stores in and around Belfast in the early 1970s, They came from engineering and linen factories which were either shutting down or changing to self-motor machines