Lasse

Help identify Dürkopp cobbler machine

Hi!

I wish to get help to identify this cobbler sewing machine. It’s on sale in Sweden, I am not the seller. I know it’s a Dürkopp and quite old, but how old? Is it made for export? (Due to the text on it) does anyone have more info I would appreciate it :) I am trying to help the seller to get more info about it before selling it 

Many thanks in advance / Lars 

CA0F98DE-CFF0-4E73-AD88-971C813C4E69.jpeg

A3A1D035-1E86-4B7D-87BE-57327EE2BB87.jpeg

235B694A-14C5-4BF7-8A26-76EF5545D1AF.jpeg

This is an Adler model 18 patcher. It is likely from the late 1800s or early 1900s. There is a previous discussion about this model, here.

What I can say for sure it is not a Model 18 cause the 18 had a static boat type shuttle (see link in Wiz´s post)

I would say Dürkopp 17 (elastic / oscillating shuttle) however Dürkopp also had a Model 16 that they did not continue in 1930 so it could be a 16. Meaning it could be a predecessor of the Model 17. But to be honest I do not know the differences in particular. But the later 17 had a different needle plate and tension unit - not sure if that alone makes yours  a model 16.

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

What I can say for sure it is not a Model 18 cause the 18 had a static boat type shuttle (see link in Wiz´s post)

I would say Dürkopp 17 (elastic / oscillating shuttle) however Dürkopp also had a Model 16 that they did not continue in 1930 so it could be a 16. Meaning it could be a predecessor of the Model 17. But to be honest I do not know the differences in particular. But the later 17 had a different needle plate and tension unit - not sure if that alone makes yours  a model 16.

I've never seen or heard of a model 16,but have seen alot of 17's & know it's not a 17,this has gears on the bobbin winder & like you said the tension is different than a 17.This one has what looks to be a thread lube on the front too that the 17's don't have.

I have a class 17 parts list and the gear driven winder is shown in the list so I guess certain sub classes have this type of bobbin winder.

I haven´t seen a model 16 either (meaning one that is clearly marked as model 16) but the historical list of Dürkopps & Adlers clearly shows a Dürkopp model 16 as cobbler machine. Maybe (maybe!!!) we ID some class 16 as class 17 cause differences are not known and the 16 has many similarities with the 17. But as long as there is no clear model number mentioned on the casting I only can guess. So I really do not know...

Maybe SHOEPATCHER knows more ;)

Extracts from the list:

grafik.thumb.png.07ec99c97332be51bc09f97934f8c293.png

grafik.thumb.png.e9636734d7523549b87f4ae2cf216a51.png

Edited by Constabulary

23 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

This is an Adler model 18 patcher. It is likely from the late 1800s or early 1900s. There is a previous discussion about this model, here.

I'll look into that thread! Thanks 

13 hours ago, Constabulary said:

To me if feels older than 1930’a. Maybe late 1800 / early 1900

10 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I have a class 17 parts list and the gear driven winder is shown in the list so I guess certain sub classes have this type of bobbin winder.

I haven´t seen a model 16 either (meaning one that is clearly marked as model 16) but the historical list of Dürkopps & Adlers clearly shows a Dürkopp model 16 as cobbler machine. Maybe (maybe!!!) we ID some class 16 as class 17 cause differences are not known and the 16 has many similarities with the 17. But as long as there is no clear model number mentioned on the casting I only can guess. So I really do not know...

Maybe SHOEPATCHER knows more ;)

Extracts from the list:

grafik.thumb.png.07ec99c97332be51bc09f97934f8c293.png

grafik.thumb.png.e9636734d7523549b87f4ae2cf216a51.png

I’ll se if I can find any more numbers in the machine so the search can get deeper And better! 

13 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Where will the model marking be on this models? 

Ok   We need the length  of the arm in cm.  We need to see the size f the hook.  That will tell us a lot as to subclass and model.  This one has a lot of  decals on it so it is an early one.

Not an 18 class.  Throat plate indicates it is a rotary shuttle in it, not a stationary shuttle.  dampen the base of the machine abut 4-5 inches above the table  and below the opening on the head and see if any numbers appear?  they will be faint if still there.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher