Sign in to follow this  
rgerbitz

Looking for suggestions

Here is a photo of the last build.  Looking for input to improve the overall lines of the saddle.  Thank you in advance for any input. k Haven't been on here much lately, but would like to thank everyone who takes the time to contribute.

Rob

20220320_123421.jpg

Looks great overall. Seat a little high in front (or low in back, or strongly sloping, or?) for my personal tastes, middle strings could start out longer (you can always cut them off but splicing is a tad more difficult) repeat beginning for ending LGOA !!!

Rob, 

The saddle looks good, and well thought out.  I agree with Toot that your seat for the center of gravity may be a little too far back because of the higher position in the hand hole area.  That maybe the photo position though.  I think you have too much of the front of the skirts visible, and lowering your front jockey would take care of that.  The placement of your breast collar dees seems a little high.  The catcher and rosette could have been lower to be located in a meatier part of your bars.  Do you strings go through the bars?  I like your inskirt design, and will save this photo for reference for the next inskirt that I do.  Thanks for sharing.  Looking good.

Ron

I think it looks great here are a couple things you might want to look at.  To my eye I think you could drop/extend your front jockeys lower.  Follow the contour of your front skirt rounded off  to an imaginary line running under your seat jockey and meet up with your back jockeys.  Another thing is to have covered stirrups or at least leather treads.  I'm not a big fan of the breast collar dee on the hangers, although I have put them on a couple, I've never had one fail but I'm not working in them every day.   

Anyway, I think it looks great and asking for ideas and critiques can only make you better.   

Thank you all for your input!

just a thought: move hobble hangers to rear concho or tree mounted place in between so hobbles, when carried, will not get tangled up in flank cinch