TBalazs

ESDA AFX servo advice or manual needed

I have an ESDA servo system with needle positioner. After installing a speed reducer pulley the needle positioning stopped working. Im pretty familiar with motor control systems but i just cant figure out the menu opions on this one. I have found the manufacturer but no luck on the support page http://www.esdamotor.com/en/product/?143_607.html 

Anyone have some documentation for these?

PXL_20220605_120540115.jpg

The needle positioner on some (many?) servos won't work if a speed reducer is fitted due to the change in the ratio between the machine head and the servo pulley. I have three like that.

Must be true, although i don't get the point. The ratio of the motor pulley and the machines one can vari greatly. It may be out of the controllers range with the reducer, but most servos have a pretty detailed parameter list to be configured. I hope this thread wil be on surface cuz it would be great to have some manuals linked in one place.

This issue has been raised before and there's at least one other thread on it. Generally servos appear to have some tolerance regarding the pulley/handwheel ratios, for example I changed the motor pulley to the smallest I could find and replaced the handwheel with a larger pulley and the needle positioner still worked, but as soon as I added a speed reducer it stopped working. Some have had success with using speed reducers and needle positioners but it all comes down to the brand of the servo.