TooledByML

Wild camping possibles box

image.png.92fa8df85225a1b134f7fafa5e0e1047.pngimage.png.df9e69c8fd3da772fda5b0f3f3071be4.pngimage.png.eddd423872c36a48cd25e0b31b4253f1.png  

image.png

This thing was a labour of love. It did turn out exactly how i wanted it so the sore fingers and aching back were worth it.

Wow! That looks gorgeous! Reminds me of a toolbag I have on my bike. I can imagine how much work went into it. Hope it lasts you long. Is it hand or machine sewn?

Great job on that.  The dowel rod is a great way to close that up.  Nice touch in skiving out where the flap folds over.  I am sure it makes it a little easier to conform to the rounded top shape.

that is very cool. What is wild camping?

58 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

that is very cool. What is wild camping?

Its camping in woods and other areas that don't have camp sites. Just strap on your kit, walk to where you want to stay and set up your camp

1 hour ago, PastorBob said:

Great job on that.  The dowel rod is a great way to close that up.  Nice touch in skiving out where the flap folds over.  I am sure it makes it a little easier to conform to the rounded top shape.

Many thanks. I can't claim the design myself but the chap who made the version i adapted really likes what ive done. Cimbrer Bushcraft on YouTube

4 hours ago, crazytailorlady said:

Wow! That looks gorgeous! Reminds me of a toolbag I have on my bike. I can imagine how much work went into it. Hope it lasts you long. Is it hand or machine sewn?

All hand sewn. I don't have a machine unfortunately. to be fair I do like the hand sewing.

Indeed very cool! I really like the stick closure. I would probably add a handle on the top side and a small leather loop on the stick where the strap in running through just for holding the stick in place. But thats just me...

great lookin bag well done:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

What is wild camping?

Wonder if it can be compared to stealth camping   :P

7 minutes ago, JayEhl said:

Wonder if it can be compared to stealth camping   :P

lol I don't know , its just called camping here, I've never camped in a campground in my life.

17 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I've never camped in a campground in my life.

The videos are kind of funny; it documents how they find really weird places to record where they find a camping space, sometimes in a parking lot, sometimes in the woods between highways,.   Just really crazy.

cheers!

41 minutes ago, JayEhl said:

The videos are kind of funny; it documents how they find really weird places to record where they find a camping space, sometimes in a parking lot, sometimes in the woods between highways,.   Just really crazy.

cheers!

lol i live on the intersection of I -80, the transcontinental railroad, and the continental divide trail. We used to have hobos when i was a kid. Now we have hobos, hitch hikrers, bicyclers, walkers, and about every other possible known traveler that are stealth camping. But the funniest, most ironic, of all our American stealth campers are those old folks who buy $500,000 dollar motorhomes then camp in our Walmart parking lots to save a buck. 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:08 AM, TooledByML said:

All hand sewn. I don't have a machine unfortunately. to be fair I do like the hand sewing.

are you going to put a strap or some way to carry it?

21 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

lol i live on the intersection of I -80, the transcontinental railroad, and the continental divide trail. We used to have hobos when i was a kid. Now we have hobos, hitch hikrers, bicyclers, walkers, and about every other possible known traveler that are stealth camping. But the funniest, most ironic, of all our American stealth campers are those old folks who buy $500,000 dollar motorhomes then camp in our Walmart parking lots to save a buck. 

They afford those $500,000 motorhomes camped out at Walmart because they figured out real ways to save $ rather than looking at the price of a leather belt and saying "I can make my own cheaper".   

Just sayin'

- Bill

23 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

are you going to put a strap or some way to carry it?

No strap. Its designed to be part of a backpack kit. So things like a sheepskin and then perhaps a bag of other camp gear with the top being the leather box. 

image.png.69b4fcb7ddd5edc983f1c6b2279414e5.png

So eventually I will make myself the packframe and replicate this kind of travelling camp kit. 

5 minutes ago, TooledByML said:

No strap. Its designed to be part of a backpack kit. So things like a sheepskin and then perhaps a bag of other camp gear with the top being the leather box. 

interesting I would like to see the whole setup. Is it for reenactments ? a medieval design?

1 minute ago, TooledByML said:

image.png.69b4fcb7ddd5edc983f1c6b2279414e5.png

So eventually I will make myself the packframe and replicate this kind of travelling camp kit. 

lol you read my mind! That is super cool friend!!

New small container for my pack. For holding salt, pepper and some spices plus room for some other bits.

Edited by TooledByML