Sign in to follow this  
Flatcapper

Cobra class 26 missing part.

Does anyone know where the thread pin is packed on a new class 26 during shipping? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Yep I looked in the top of my new machine also and its not there. I've went threw all the boxes, the accessories box, and everywhere else I could imagine it would be packed. I would have thought it would have been in the box that the machine head came in. But I've searched every square inch of the foam, and the inside of the box. No luck. There are basically no instructions that come with the machine. It came with a big manila envelope with a bunch of sales info, and instructions for the servo motor. Basic threading instructions, oil locations, but that's about it. I would have thought an exploded view, perhaps a parts listing, and perhaps some trouble shooting info. 

I will mention for anyone that reads this and is thinking about purchasing a Cobra machine, please clean the excess oil from the machine before attempting to lift the head up to the table. Most of the build videos I've watched, only mention cleaning the surfaces once you have it mounted.I know for a fact what could possibly happen if you fail to clean the machine head first.

It could very easily slip out of your hands, thereby possibly hitting the floor, breaking the machine base, possibly the take up lever. Your floor or person lifting the machine could become damaged.I know this from persdv Talk to

I’m not sure what you mean by “thread pin”, hopefully someone that’s more knowledgeable will chime in.  Here are a couple of books that may help you. 

Juki LS-341N InstructionManual.pdf

Juki_LS-341N_Engineers_Manual.pdf

1 hour ago, Tequila said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “thread pin”,

I took "thread pin" to mean the " Needle Thread Guide Pin " located on the top of the sewing machine.

6 hours ago, Flatcapper said:

Basic threading instructions, oil locations, but that's about it. I would have thought an exploded view, perhaps a parts listing, and perhaps some trouble shooting info. 

This is typical of some machines with information being very basic unlike manuals provided with brands like Juki. Even the manual provided with the Sailrite portable walking foot provide more and better info.

I would call the dealer and request a replacement.

kgg

The “manual” provided leaves a lot to be desired. It seems to be assumed the user already knows all about the machine.

I think it is the threading guide that screws into the threaded hole on the top of the machine and is the first tension guide location before you get down to the tensioner assembly on the front of the machine.

The thread guide pin is the silver pin in the top of the machine that has several holes going in different directions. The purpose of the thread guide pin is to take out some of the memory out of the thread.

The reason I couldn't find the missing thread pin is because they are now removing them before shipping. I was told by the nice lady fro  the Leather Machine Compant. However she said she would look around and send me one. 

I agree that for some reason the Leather Machine Company has a very sparse manual for their sewing machines. In fact there is no manual at all. Just some full color printed instructions about assembly, and even this is sparse. However I did find their servo motor instructions were very good. It would be nice if they would include a parts listing with exploded view at the very lease. The only thing they provide is instructions about threading the sewing machine purchased. I'm thinking they just figure their customers will just resort to the internet for help with instructions, and exploded views with part listings. The class 26 is just a very good clone of a Juki  341. 

Now that I got the broken part replaced (take up lever) broke when the machine head slipped out of our hands when lifting it to place on table. We thought we had wiped most of the oil off the machine head after we removed the plastic bag it came shipped in. I read somewhere that they suggested using gasoline to clean the oil from the surface. Not sure about using gasoline, but there has to be many readily available cleaners that will work just fine. Now that its all reassembled, its running like a champ.