TheMackinaw

Adler 069-373 Binder Conversion Possible?

HI folks,

I hope you and yours are well.

I currently own an Adler 105 and am in the market for a matching Adler 069 binding machine.

My question to you knowledgeable people is - can you easily convert an Adler 069-373 to a binder or does it need to be a completely different machine?

Thank you

Thomas

The 69-373 will probably have 4 motion drop feed.  The 69-73 usually have skip feed in the the feed dog does not  drop down like it does in the 373.  That said, you can still make a binder out of it.  You will need the throat plate, feed dog, and binder feet to convert the machine.  I believe Kwok Hing has these parts.  They are in Singapore.  If you buy genuine Adler parts, they will not be cheap.  

Edited by shoepatcher

Thanks so much for the reply and the info. Do you think it is worth doing on the 373 or should I look at another machine? I want to stick with Adler - I'm a sucker for the old machines.

I am working with 24oz canvas for reference.

Thank you

69 Adler's no longer made and finding them is not that easy>  i would get the 373 if it is at a good price. It can be made into a binder.

glenn

Thanks so much Glenn! Appreciate that. Will go ahead and purchase and convert. Will post pictures up here again once I'm done with the conversion.

As always - thanks a lot for the advice and support folks!

Thomas

On 6/27/2022 at 4:01 PM, TheMackinaw said:

Thanks so much Glenn! Appreciate that. Will go ahead and purchase and convert. Will post pictures up here again once I'm done with the conversion.

As always - thanks a lot for the advice and support folks!

Thomas

Hi Thomas, 

Did you have success conversion into a binder?  I just acquired one and want to do the same. 

Cheers, 

Emery

On 6/22/2022 at 1:49 PM, shoepatcher said:

69 Adler's no longer made and finding them is not that easy>  i would get the 373 if it is at a good price. It can be made into a binder.

glenn

If you want the Cadillac, get what I have- DA 669.  it replaced the 69.  It can be changed very easily to a binder machine.  Not cheap!!

glenn