Squilchuck

Ignore lists in this forum

5 hours ago, Tugadude said:

It is a shame.  I suppose if enough complaints are made, the moderators will take action.  Other than leaving I guess that's the best recourse.

In today's environment it seems inevitable, as you can see who chimed in on this thread and how they twisted the conversation. I've discovered that there's a name for these folks...

Internet Troll
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Your topic is off topic in the Leatherwork Conversation forum. Not sure where it goes, but it’s not conversation about leatherwork. But I guess we can all chime in. Specifically who did you want to chime in? 

Thank you very much Northmount

Open comment to all of the members of this forum

This is a screen shot of the front page of the Adult forum

Below the first line is a small sentence That I copied and made larger insize

It clearly says that if you REQUEST Permission to view this content and further says if you are easily offended STAY OUT

I have read above posts where members have said bad feel feels have boiled over from this forum and made their way up to the main forums. I call BS on this statement BUT I am not always ight. So, find the post and share the link. Other wise i am saying a mistake was made while this person was typing, 

As far as blocking every one, Go ahead, build your self a nice cozy echo chamber,   

1599259919_Screenshot(169).png.20a848ed0d2b82ac11bda17274199b73.png

Edited by Frodo

Just to be clear, this thread did not originate in the Adults Only section of this forum, so the early commentators could not have seen that warning.

And it may not be a surprise to everyone, but neither permission nor adulthood are required to enter the adult section... it is open to anyone who has signed in. 

unless the mods have changed rules.  . Yes You DO need to ask permission to enter Adults only

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

unless the mods have changed rules.  . Yes You DO need to ask permission to enter Adults only

I hear what you're sayin', but dumb ol' me, I never asked permission,  I just clicked on through without a hitch. 

Maybe I have special privileges because I'm a Contributing Member. Donno.

Edited by LatigoAmigo

25 minutes ago, LatigoAmigo said:

I hear what you're sayin', but dumb ol' me, I never asked permission,  I just clicked on through without a hitch. 

Maybe I have special privileges because I'm a Contributing Member. Donno.

9 hours ago fredk said

afair, and I may be wrong, the political chat was supposed to be in a hidden section, just like the 'life style' leather section, and you were supposed to ask to be allowed into that section. However, it appears it didn't go that way. The 'permissions' doesn't seem to work properly. I've never asked to be allowed in to the 'life style' leather section but I see everything anyone posts in there

17 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I feel those who are to uninspired of personal knowledge to see more to life than their own little tunnel of thought

I agree. 

I choose life  ,  Friends , food, beer...to go with the food and the friends  &  fellowship  :specool:

I don't do social media .... I  do reality  :)

HS

5 hours ago, fredk said:

9 hours ago fredk said

afair, and I may be wrong, the political chat was supposed to be in a hidden section, just like the 'life style' leather section, and you were supposed to ask to be allowed into that section. However, it appears it didn't go that way. The 'permissions' doesn't seem to work properly. I've never asked to be allowed in to the 'life style' leather section but I see everything anyone posts in there

I’ve requested repeatedly to have the permission revoked so the first 10 posts when I click “all activity” aren’t this nonsense but, nope, still there.  Makes this forum 40%-50% political bickering vs actual leather talk.

Sadly, I allowed myself to get sucked into this thread but as a result I have been evaluating the forum's value to me.  I don't have any leather working machines or fancy/expensive tools which eliminates 70% to 80% of the forum content.  When a thread is posted that I can relate to I find I already knew and practiced what was being discussed so not much value there. 

I think it's time to move on, no loss to the forum since I'm not a paying subscriber for the reasons stated.  For those to whom the forum is relevant it's invaluable, don't screw it up.

Goodbye, Very SORRY TO LOSE YOU. Another one bites the dust.  I just checked the views, in the last 24 hours there were only 219, sad. The POLITICS are killing this entire forum!!!!!!

jr

Edited by JREESER1

9 hours ago, Frodo said:

I do not recall ever asking permission. I was able 'walk right in' so to speak. 

I think because the political threads were originally in the 'Off Topic' forum, they are open to everyone. They got moved to the Adults Only forum when some of the threads got nasty, and there were complaints.

I don't remember how I did it, but I have managed to turn off notifications for that forum. I still get notifications for the other threads/forums, but not for every single post that's made. It's weird - I don't really understand how the notifications work. Usually it's only for threads I've posted in (subscribed) to. But yesterday, I got a post about the Hobo bag Bert had made. And, of course, that was a brand new thread. 

Maybe if the Admin. would make all areas of the 'Adult' forum truly  'subscription only' we could eliminate all the complaints. :dunno:

I certainly agree the forum has gone downhill, and something needs to change. :(  There is SO much valuable information here! If I have a question or problem with leatherwork, the first thing I do is search this site. If that doesn't work, I make a post of my own in the relevant section, and nearly always, SOMEONE is able to answer my question!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Okay, I've figured it out! 

If you click on the header for a particular forum, a box pops up on the left side of the screen that says 'follow' Click on the box if you want  notifications from that

particular forum. 

In my account settings, I've selected that I don't wish to receive notifications at all. I prefer to read the forums in person. But, for some reason, I selected that I wanted notifications from the 'Critique My Work' forum, which is why I got the post about the Hobo bag! And doing that overrides the 'no notification setting!

Fine tune your account settings, and you can eliminate all the posts you don't want to see from your e-mail!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

5 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

I do not recall ever asking permission. I was able 'walk right in' so to speak. 

https://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/43-announcements-and-administrivia/

363078353_Screenshot(170).png.d4a55b8be188a71d887cd5ce2d6ee858.png

Anyone that doesn't want to see or access any part of the adult section, please PM Johanna and let her know.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:16 PM, tsunkasapa said:

And NOWHERE did I ask to join. I just clicked on it and entered. I never sent a PM to be allowed in, the door was open.

Yeah, it looks like an issue on the site or the folks running it not finding the correct controls.  "Send a PM" has not worked for me. 

Good conversation about my initial question. Of course, those whom I ignore were not read. Yes, it was a leatherwork conversation - about a lack of leatherwork conversation. Anyway, I suggest we've exhausted the subject, close it, and move on to the really essential leather topics like guns and covid conspiracy theories.

Less than 200 visits to website in the last 24 hours. Just crickets. Where have all the followers (sic) gone?

jr

Edited by JREESER1

44 minutes ago, JREESER1 said:

Less than 200 visits to website in the last 24 hours. Just crickets. Where have all the followers (sic) gone?

jr

besides it being the first weekend of summer and most folks on vacation i guess that could be part of it. why don't you post something? That's how this works.

50 minutes ago, JREESER1 said:

jr

you've posted 140 times since joining and haven't posted since March except to bitch a little about others on this thread? what gives friend?

also i think that the youtube videos are taking their share of people who would use forums or stay on the forum. I've seen it here many times, someone will join the forum spend about a month asking questions , getting good free info then next thing you see is a video by them to sell their Esty store front. Don't get me wrong i use  youtube for info as well for subjects i need, its a great learning tool but we all need to realize if the info can be had for free and no discussion or joining a forum then a lot of folks go that direction. Heck at least weekly some one here posts a video, that means someone else doesn't have to join the forum just that simple, they just follow the youtuber of choice. Many on here have numerous videos so why use conversation when you can watch.