kgg

My lastest upgrade to a LSZ-1 clone

The attachment that I figured, up until now, that was unavailable for portable walking foot machines is a drop down edge guide. So I designed and 3D printed a custom plate to accept an inexpensive Suspended Edge Guide I got off Aliexpress.  Installation is simple requiring only the removal / re-installation of one existing screw in the LSZ-1 rear casting. This maybe of interest to those who wish to use a drop down roller guide or drop down flat edge guide on the portable walking foot machines.

Photo's:

Roller 2: View looking straight in with guide in the down position. The roller is extended to be alongside the feed dog opening in the needle plate. This what I would consider the closest usable position possible. Any closer and the presser foot will rub the roller as well as the feed dog. The dark piece of metal on the bed is a straight edge guide with can be interchanged with the roller.

Roller 3: View with the guide in the up position with the roller guide in the extended position. This could go higher up if the roller wasn't extended to the max usable position.

Roller 5: Overview with the drop down guide, straight edge guide and the binder and binder tape cup just moved to the side off the machine. The "Cup" is attaches to a C-clamp that I designed and printed for use on both the "Cup" and the Binder Spool Platter.

All comments welcomed, good bad or indifferent.

kgg

roller2.jpg

roller3.jpg

roller5.jpg

Looks great! Plus its nice that you made a straight edge guide to switch out when needed. Good job!

Can you give a close up shot with the guide down so we can see the feed dogs?

Very good effort. Maybe you can do a roller and flat that has enough of a recess to clear the feed dog and go under the feet. In out in with perhaps 2 or 3mm up in the out.:Lighten:

Somewhere underneath all that 3D printed stuff lurks a sewing machine!:lol:

Good job, kgg.:specool:

12 hours ago, cynthiab said:

Can you give a close up shot with the guide down so we can see the feed dogs?

12 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Very good effort. Maybe you can do a roller and flat that has enough of a recess to clear the feed dog and go under the feet.

Thank all of you. Here is a closeup photo of the roller guide in relationship to both the double feed dog and presser foot with the roller set ever so slightly above the needle plate to allow it to spin.

9 hours ago, dikman said:

Somewhere underneath all that 3D printed stuff lurks a sewing machine!:lol:

Good job, kgg.:specool:

Where?? Damn I'm gotta have add some more stuff. Thanks

kgg

roller8.jpg

Edited by kgg
forgot photo