MtlBiker

Flatbed Table Attachment for Techsew 2750

When I bought my Techsew 2750 Pro a year ago it came with a flatbed table attachment made of wood.  And it required threaded support rods to be used, making the whole installation and removal process rather awkward and time-consuming.  Not something you'd want to do every day, and certainly not several times a day.  So other than for trying it one time, I've never used it.  (Especially since I also have a flatbed machine.)

A few months ago I came across an interesting variation of the table, made of aluminum. and didn't order one.  But recently I've been seriously interested in getting one.  (My flatbed machine was out of commission for awhile.)  Anyway, Techsew now offers one, and the lady who I think originally designed the table, has moved on to the second revision of the table (the Techsew one is the first version).  It looks much nicer, now having etched lines for seam allowances, plus an adjustable edge guide or "fence" that can be tightened in place, so I ordered one.

The photo of the table on her website showed the table on her own 2750 and that's what I expected to receive, especially since there was no suggestion on her site that it would be different.  When it arrived, I admit I was quite disappointed.  Instead of having the half-round cutout on the right to fit nicely on the machine, it was rectangular.  And my feeling was that the table was also smaller (than the one she showed on her 2750).  I was quite sure the table wouldn't fit as securely without the cutout.  I was wrong.  When tightened down, it's really very solid.  When I contacted her about the product not being what I expected from her site, she said that this was the new "universal" design to keep costs down.  I'm bummed that she didn't state that on her site and that I didn't receive what I expected to receive.  But it does work, and is very solid.  I wish I'd have taken a screen shot of what she was showing, because after I complained she has now updated the photo of the product, showing the version that she's actually shipping.

And the best news is that it really can be installed or removed in about a minute.  Much much better than the original table.

The only thing I need to find now is a better bolt to attach the table to the machine.  I have one that came with the machine but it needs a flat blade screwdriver to tighten it.  I'd rather have a bolt with an allen key head, or something I can tighten with a wrench.  I believed it was a metric M5 thread and I picked up some bolts last night only to find the thread is different.  Hard to imagine that the threaded hole on the 2750 isn't metric, but I'm going to take the screw I have back to the hardware store and try to find the right one.

Overall I think the table was a good purchase, even though somewhat disappointing to me.

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

I love the one Barbara makes for my 5100. Makes a huge difference installing and removing.  She is a California attorney and I’m sure she changed the photo quick. 

Looks pretty good to me.:specool: If you hadn't seen the other one first you wouldn't be disappointed.:)

One of the "complications" with metric screws is they have several different thread pitches they use.

Can somebody please post a link to the web page where these aluminum attachments are sold?

@MtlBiker  is correct, that screw on top of the arm is close to an M5, but not quite. It has essentially the same thread pitch as an M5, but it is a tiny bit wider than a metric M5.

The TechSew 2750 is a copy of the Juki LS-341 but the parts list does not show that screw. The next generation Juki LS-1341 retains the same screw and  has it listed in the parts diagram with the edge guide. The screw is a special, non-metric screw (Juki part number MAM-22709000.)  Them OEM screw is very likely a 13/64”x32 (which translates to metric 5.15 mm wide with 0.794 mm thread pitch, normal M5 is 5mm wide with a thread pitch of 0.8mm) The screws were hard to get last year and cost about $1.93 each at MJ Foley.

image.png

@Uwe - Here's a link to the aluminum flatbed table attachment.

Thanks very much for the screw (information).  :)  But gee, what a strange screw that is!  I was hoping to get some kind of thumbscrew replacement for the slotted screw I got with the machine.  Who the heck ever thought up the idea of using such a non standard screw.

Would you suggest I retap the thread to standard M5?

Cheers!

Thanks for that link, I was curious about it too. Very nice, but shipping would probably be a killer to Australia. As for re-tapping that thread, I thought of that too but you might need to go the next size up?

On 6/24/2022 at 3:32 PM, dikman said:

Thanks for that link, I was curious about it too. Very nice, but shipping would probably be a killer to Australia. As for re-tapping that thread, I thought of that too but you might need to go the next size up?

Shipping is about $90us

On 6/23/2022 at 8:14 AM, MtlBiker said:

When I bought my Techsew 2750 Pro a year ago it came with a flatbed table attachment made of wood.  And it required threaded support rods to be used, making the whole installation and removal process rather awkward and time-consuming.  Not something you'd want to do every day, and certainly not several times a day.  So other than for trying it one time, I've never used it.  (Especially since I also have a flatbed machine.)

A few months ago I came across an interesting variation of the table, made of aluminum. and didn't order one.  But recently I've been seriously interested in getting one.  (My flatbed machine was out of commission for awhile.)  Anyway, Techsew now offers one, and the lady who I think originally designed the table, has moved on to the second revision of the table (the Techsew one is the first version).  It looks much nicer, now having etched lines for seam allowances, plus an adjustable edge guide or "fence" that can be tightened in place, so I ordered one.

The photo of the table on her website showed the table on her own 2750 and that's what I expected to receive, especially since there was no suggestion on her site that it would be different.  When it arrived, I admit I was quite disappointed.  Instead of having the half-round cutout on the right to fit nicely on the machine, it was rectangular.  And my feeling was that the table was also smaller (than the one she showed on her 2750).  I was quite sure the table wouldn't fit as securely without the cutout.  I was wrong.  When tightened down, it's really very solid.  When I contacted her about the product not being what I expected from her site, she said that this was the new "universal" design to keep costs down.  I'm bummed that she didn't state that on her site and that I didn't receive what I expected to receive.  But it does work, and is very solid.  I wish I'd have taken a screen shot of what she was showing, because after I complained she has now updated the photo of the product, showing the version that she's actually shipping.

And the best news is that it really can be installed or removed in about a minute.  Much much better than the original table.

The only thing I need to find now is a better bolt to attach the table to the machine.  I have one that came with the machine but it needs a flat blade screwdriver to tighten it.  I'd rather have a bolt with an allen key head, or something I can tighten with a wrench.  I believed it was a metric M5 thread and I picked up some bolts last night only to find the thread is different.  Hard to imagine that the threaded hole on the 2750 isn't metric, but I'm going to take the screw I have back to the hardware store and try to find the right one.

Overall I think the table was a good purchase, even though somewhat disappointing to me.

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

Thank you for your review. I am glad you are mostly happy and that the table fits as designed. 

After you scolded me for having a misleading picture on the etsy list, I fixed it. I can't feel bad though, especially when I offered to send you thought you were getting at no charge or a full refund if you wanted to return it. 

Here is a pic of what you thought you were getting. The newest version is about 1" shorter when compared to the prior version but about 1/4" longer to the left of the needle where it matters most. 

And since I am a person who prefers to live in a positive world, my offer still stand if you are not happy with your purchase. Just hit me up on etsy after july 27 so i can get through the NV bar exam PXL_20220212_030036821.thumb.jpg.107e66f5637ad3ac26f7c85d650054f3.jpg

Edited by RecentRelics

Thanks RR, that's $131 Aus at the moment, and likely to get worse! Like I said, it's a killer (not your fault, of course).