AA3JW

Going to get a new sewing machine

Probably around March of 2023 I am going to be buying a new sewing machine. I have it narrowed down to either a cowboy 4500, or a techsew 5100 SE. Looking for opinions for each. Any help would be appreciated. I am currently sewing on a Techsew 3650 HD I bought used, and got a really good deal on. I am leaning towards the cowboy since I live in Florida, I could drive to pick up the machine in my pick up truck. Sew mostly holsters and knife sheathes, most are too thick for my 3650.

Where are you going to drive too from Fl. to pick it up? I just ordered a cowboy 4500 from Bob at Toledo industrial and the shipping to the florida panhandle area was 1/4 the price it would have cost in gas for me to go pick it up. if you order from Toledo Industrial have him check the shipping rates, mines going to a truck depot about 35 miles from where I live.

Add to it . . . Toledo industrial did me right.  The servo motor on my 4500 will go so slow that I can move the leather so it goes EXACTLY where I want it . . . which was the one thing I truly loved about my Tippmann Boss.

Bob tops it off with a couple spools of thread and a two spool thread holder . . . 

Had a couple screws come up missing . . . called Bob . . . they were in the mail . . . wicky wicky.

May God bless,

Dwight

2 hours ago, Dwight said:

Add to it . . . Toledo industrial did me right.  The servo motor on my 4500 will go so slow that I can move the leather so it goes EXACTLY where I want it . . . which was the one thing I truly loved about my Tippmann Boss.

Bob tops it off with a couple spools of thread and a two spool thread holder . . . 

Had a couple screws come up missing . . . called Bob . . . they were in the mail . . . wicky wicky.

May God bless,

Dwight

Bob took good care of me as well!

21 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

Where are you going to drive too from Fl. to pick it up? I just ordered a cowboy 4500 from Bob at Toledo industrial and the shipping to the florida panhandle area was 1/4 the price it would have cost in gas for me to go pick it up. if you order from Toledo Industrial have him check the shipping rates, mines going to a truck depot about 35 miles from where I live.

Actually I was planning on driving to pick it up in Toledo. I was planning on visiting my sister in far Northern Alabama and figured that was probably about 1/2 way and I would stay there both up and back. I am in east central Florida. I haven't seen my sister since the COVID crap started, and thought it would be a good chance to visit. I am leaning more and more toward the cowboy machine.  

Ahh, I gotcha. if gas was $2.00 a gallon I'd consider driving, I'm near Tallahassee but I wouldn't think of it with gas prices the way they are now. I actually go to Georgia to fill up now, it's .50 a gallon cheaper there then where I live