Campleathergoods

Shoe Build with Sneakerkit

If anyone has ever wanted to give a go at Shoe making but felt a bit intimidated, I feel ya. I found a company called SneakerKit that sets you up with everything you need. Watch my build along and make yourself an awesome pair of leather shoes. 

https://youtu.be/4zs06dVIEdQ

00727F2B-AE23-4E07-953A-1DA6DF772C05-524-0000000C69452946.thumb.JPG.867a029431e3c8a6078d4671ce9c31a3.JPG

Cool build....

Not much in the way of skiving the leather....I'm assuming that you are wearing these sneakers.  Is that something that you wished that you had done for the tongue or not?  

I'm guessing that it would depend upon the thickness of leather as well.   

I'm wondering if they have boots....

But great video!

4 minutes ago, johnnydb said:

Cool build....

Not much in the way of skiving the leather....I'm assuming that you are wearing these sneakers.  Is that something that you wished that you had done for the tongue or not?  

I'm guessing that it would depend upon the thickness of leather as well.   

I'm wondering if they have boots....

But great video!

Hi Johnny, 

for this video I wanted to make it as close to the instructions as possible for use of the company, I have a second pair I will be building where I will be adding all of my personal touches, including some edge beveling. And to answer your question they do have a Hightop "boot style" that is what I will be making next. 

attached is the link to their patterns:  https://www.sneakerkit.eu/c-3526931/patterns/

41 minutes ago, Campleathergoods said:

Hi Johnny, 

for this video I wanted to make it as close to the instructions as possible for use of the company, I have a second pair I will be building where I will be adding all of my personal touches, including some edge beveling. And to answer your question they do have a Hightop "boot style" that is what I will be making next. 

attached is the link to their patterns:  https://www.sneakerkit.eu/c-3526931/patterns/

I look forward to seeing all the finishing touches that can be had making these....like maybe some sort of fabric lining (for breath ability) or some edging for the ankle instead of raw leather.  

All sorts of possibilities in mind.  

1 hour ago, johnnydb said:

I look forward to seeing all the finishing touches that can be had making these....like maybe some sort of fabric lining (for breath ability) or some edging for the ankle instead of raw leather.  

All sorts of possibilities in mind.  

Absolutely, I was thinking the same, possibly a canvas inner lining to help with waterproofing a bit, maybe some padding around the ankle.....