Handstitched

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Going through my files , theres a heap of stuff I forgot I made. I click on and think " yeh,  I remember that" .

Anyone else have that experience ? 

I think its important to take pics of you're work. It's a good reference, good for promotion/ advertising/ showing off,   and perhaps helps to  look for any mistakes  and learn from them . I've spotted at least one on the sheath.  Theres a few more in those pics I'm sure .  Theres another on one of the stubby holders, in fact theres two. 

Enjoy the pics :) 

HS

Assorted Leather Pics  July 2022.jpg

Assorted Leather Pics  2  July 2022.jpg

Edited by Handstitched

Each piece is always a learning experience....and a new way to invent the wheel.   

It takes about 20 times of doing the same item repeatedly to get it finally done right....well to my satisfaction at least.  But usually by that point I'm bored with making it and move on to something else.  

Yeah, I'm never satisfied either. 

But your work looks great to me.  Nice stitching, tooling and dyeing.  

Yep.  I try to take pics along the way as well.  Always fun to see the progress as you go.  Thanks for sharing.  Nice work.

Edited by PastorBob

20 hours ago, johnnydb said:

Each piece is always a learning experience

Thank you very much .Yes, I agree .  And each piece is also unique for the client or buyer , and also unique for those making them .  I think I can say I'm getting a bit better with the air brush . I have a sheath on the bench ( 'TBF'....to be finished)  I used the air brush on it. .  I want to spend more time using the air brush to learn more.  

16 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Always fun to see the progress as you go.  Thanks for sharing.  Nice work.

Thank you  :)I have some pieces in an old shoe box under my bench . My earliest....not so good 'learning' examples. When I look at those compared to what I can make now , I think ' holy crap.....look how far I have come !!  ' . I am a lot more confident  today than I was back then , 17 years ago. 

The studded collars ?  I make those purely for the fun & enjoyment  of leather....and because I can....now . If they don't sell, it doesn't matter. They make good advertising  pieces :yes: But I sold them LOL  :) :)

HS

wow you do amazing work my friend! I wish a had taken more photos in the past. Ironically i love taking photos but never took many of my work until i came on this forum.

Those cane toad pieces kill me. Thanks for taking us down the lane with you.

@chuck123wapati & @battlemunky Thank you very much .

A few faves in there.

I do really enjoy the ' Celtic' designs. Fiddly, and take a while,  make you go ' cross-eyed ' but the love the end result, and, the studded collars, (basically, anything with lots of studs)  You can really go to town with  a lot of chrome & studs  & spots* . They're just great fun  and you're only limited by your imagination, and get a lot of attention at my stall  :)  . 

* I have a pair of high platform " goth" boots in my workshop that I bought for $5 at a charity shop. 

TBS.....'to be started', but they will be radical :yes:

HS

30 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

@chuck123wapati & @battlemunky Thank you very much .

A few faves in there.

I do really enjoy the ' Celtic' designs. Fiddly, and take a while,  make you go ' cross-eyed ' but the love the end result, and, the studded collars, (basically, anything with lots of studs)  You can really go to town with  a lot of chrome & studs  & spots* . They're just great fun  and you're only limited by your imagination, and get a lot of attention at my stall  :)  . 

* I have a pair of high platform " goth" boots in my workshop that I bought for $5 at a charity shop. 

TBS.....'to be started', but they will be radical :yes:

HS

mad max is alive and well down under lol.:thumbsup:

Lots of really nice stuff 

Those saddle bags are   FINE!!!!

Hey Handstitched,   

I do not want to step on your post. But This topic is REALLY cool,  Would you mind if other members post their old stuff?

No worries, go right ahead  :) :) 

And thanks to everyone for the feed back  :thumbsup:  . Hopefully some newbies will be inspired to enter the world of leather. 

HS